Marketing and Enrollment Specialist
Exceptional professional with a passion for international development to support marketing and enrollment strategy and design. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Marketing and Enrollment Project Specialist will be a crucial member in supporting marketing and enrollment strategy design. As part of the Field Operations Team, the role will invest a significant amount of time and effort in understanding and capturing farmers’ behaviour in the field, as well as work closely within the team or with other departments in conducting research and monitoring and evaluation. This role requires a person who is truly passionate about serving smallholder farmers, with a positive attitude to challenge and grow oneself, and the humility to learn and continuously improve. S/he will gain exposure to many aspects of TUBURA including M&E, Business Operations, Product Innovations, and Customer Engagement, etc. There is also the possibility to build the marketing and enrollment function into a full team in the future, contributing to important strategy design and decision that will help bring more impact to smallholder farmers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy Research:
- Conduct research to support marketing and enrollment strategy design, such as stakeholder focus group, stakeholder survey, outreach to employees and farmers for individual conversation, desktop or field research for best practices in similar organizations or industries.
- Engage in regular field visits to understand farmer’s behavior and communication habits, investigate TUBURA’s marketing effort and program impact, and field-test marketing messages and materials.
- Project management:
- Work closely with other departments to support different marketing projects, such as the Hotline improvement projects with the Customer Engagement team, the Client Retention Project with Operations Innovation team, designing post-enrollment survey with M&E team.
- Reporting and analysis:
- Monitor and evaluate marketing and enrollment strategy, both independently and in collaboration with other teams.
- Conduct data collection, data analysis, quantitative and qualitative surveys.
- Produce reports on data collection and analysis, capture learning points, and propose changes and solutions to improve future marketing and enrollment initiatives.
- Field Operations/ office support:
- Translation of materials from English to Kinyarwanda and vice versa
- Conduct live interpretation between English and Kinyarwanda both in HQ with different staff members, as well as in the field communicating to farmers.
- Take charge of organizing the Marketing Bucket and/or other marketing materials to support Field Officer’s work in promoting TUBURA’s program and products.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an experienced individual with a passion for international development. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A university degree in marketing, business administration and management, social science, behavioural science, or a related field
- One to three years of experience in marketing and communication; understanding of consumer behaviour in Rwanda, especially that of local farmers
- Genuine passion in serving smallholder farmers
- Experience in strategy research, monitoring and evaluation, and/or data collection and analysis.
- Experience in project management, and ability to handle multiple projects with excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Proactive problem-solver with strong critical and analytical thinking
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and data analysis
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. (Written Kinyarwanda fluency is a must.)
- Commitment to be based in Rubengera for two years with potential work travel within the country.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top