Market Research Analyst
Exceptional professionals with 1-3 years work experience to support strategy through research and analysis. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Strategy Unit advises One Acre Fund Rwanda’s Country Director on strategic planning and resource allocation. To identify market trends and help One Acre Fund act, the team leverages external market research, expert interviews, and One Acre Fund’s customer and financial data. The team also provides market research to potential partners, including NGOs and the Government of Rwanda.
The Market Research Analyst will drive this research and analysis. We are looking for someone with high leadership potential and comfort with numbers. This is a career track role where you will learn valuable skills in research and data analysis, as well develop a management consulting toolkit.
There are 3 main areas of responsibility for the role:
- External trends: You will produce comprehensive reports on trends that affect smallholder farmers in Rwanda, ranging from climate change to export markets. This research will provide an unbiased view of what is happening in the market to help decision-makers better understand the needs of smallholder farmers. These projects require taking in varied perspectives, structuring your findings, and presenting a balanced view. You will conduct secondary research, data analysis, and expert interviews.
- Strategic planning: You will also advise the Country Director and Leadership Team on how to best act based on the external trends and farmer needs. You will use the knowledge you gain in research and analysis to recommend a path forward. You will be expected to come up with options, develop frameworks to assess the options, and recommend the best way forward. These are not just strategy documents, but action plans that will be executed.
- Short-Term Assignments: These will address immediate organizational needs through research and analytical support. For instance, you may consult academic and scientific organizations to quickly draft a memo. These projects require quick thinking, organization and planning skills, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
The role will have a heavy analytical component as we look to back up research and qualitative trends with numbers. Clear writing and communication are essential. Some of the outputs will be quantitative models and frameworks to guide future decisions, ideally designed to be reusable in future years. Over time, you will take on larger and larger strategic questions, eventually driving large parts of One Acre Fund Rwanda strategy and leading the research effort.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. The Market Research Analyst will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 1 to 3 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work Experience: Candidates should have 1-3 years of strong work experiences including research and data analysis. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative, results-driven environment. Candidates with management consulting, research, and strategic planning backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Leadership: We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or initiating a new project.
- Education: Strong undergraduate background at a top Rwandan or international university.
- Quantitative skills: Demonstrated comfort in statistics and quantitative analysis.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication. Able to summarize and synthesize information.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- You should be comfortable with ambiguity and quickly learning new skills and subjects.
- You should be open to feedback, willing to admit mistakes
- Other Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially excel. Intermediate or better typing speed.
- Language: English required; Kinyarwanda preferred; French is a bonus
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Transportation and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top