Malawi Innovations Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with a passion for field work and development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
As a rapidly growing organization, we are constantly innovating and improving our internal operational processes. Project Specialists will play a key role in running multiple high-level projects to drive this innovation and process improvement. Currently, we are seeking a Project Specialist in Malawi for a role focused on Innovations.
The Innovations Project Specialist will own portions of projects, including managing components of field trials or managing a team running field activities. This role has the potential to grow into a Program Associate position with good performance. A few example projects are listed below:
- Innovations (New Product Development)
- Designing several configurations of a crop or non-agricultural product and farmer training, testing it with a few hundred farmers, and scaling up the most promising product.
- Innovations (Product Pipeline Management)
- Prioritizing products based on desk and field research, planning assessment methods and M&E for new products, and making data-driven decisions surrounding pipeline management.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3 to 5 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work Experience: Candidates should have at least 3-5 years of strong work experiences, including project management, team management, or entrepreneurial experiences. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative, results-driven environment.
- Leadership: We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or initiating a new project.
- Education: Strong undergraduate background at top Malawian or international university. Degrees in agriculture, business, management, social sciences, community development, or related fields preferred.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Rural Fit. A willingness to commit to work with rural communities for at least two years.
- Other Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Intermediate or better typing speed.
- Language: Chichewa and English required.
Preferred Start Date
Flexible, but October 1st preferred
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
MASM healthcare plan, access to staff cash and equipment loan programs, and reimbursements for work-related transportation and airtime expenses.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top