Loss Prevention Associate/Manager
Kigali or Rubengera, Rwanda (preferred) or Nairobi or Kakamega, Kenya (negotiable).
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
Our vision for 2020 is to improve the lives of more than 1 million farm families by delivering exemplary services to their doorsteps. To achieve this, One Acre Fund most grow in both scale and complexity – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Logistics team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations, extend our geographic reach, and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of thousands of farm families.
Distribution is fundamental to the core model of One Acre Fund and the Logistics team works specifically to enable this cutting edge, cost-efficient, and professional rural delivery system. The Loss Prevention Associate/Manager will be an integral part of the team that delivers millions of kilograms of goods each year directly to hundreds of thousands of farm families across East Africa. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the small-holding farmer. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and Executing an External Loss Prevention Strategy, scaled by program size
- Identifying context- and cost- appropriate security measures
- Developing a risk analysis matrix
- Designing and implementing monthly or quarterly security audit procedures
- Developing and Executing an Anti-Fraud Strategy, focused on high-risk annual activities (input reception, distribution, repackaging, etc.)
- Establishing an anti-fraud checklist ahead of high-risk activities
- Collecting and monitoring monthly reconciliations from all core and pilot countries
- Creating quarterly report cards and recommendations for country programs
- Providing reconciliation support as needed
- Acting as a liaison with the Internal Audit team
- Supporting Investigations
- Working closely with the legal/investigations team to address any/all concerns related to suspicious losses to determine situational facts
- Serve as a liaison between in-house teams (Legal/Investigations/Internal Audit) to facilitate the recovery of merchandise or cash, prosecute cases, etc.
- Loss Prevention Special Projects, such as:
- Researching and developing tech solutions for inventory protection during distributions
- Designing an Inventory Security starter kit for pilot programs
- Developing trainings for shrink awareness and prevention
- The Loss Prevention Specialist will be responsible for both content development and rollout via in-country teams. Travel around East Africa may be required to implement projects and monitor adherence to policies.
- While the majority of this role will focus on loss prevention, this position may also be sent to support country operations at peak activity time. This could include short-term secondment to a country team to:
- Support input distribution where we coordinate last-mile delivery to over 1,500 unique delivery points across our core countries.
- Build and manage a team of warehouse and logistics professionals. Average team size is about 10 full time employees and up to 100 seasonal employees.
- Research a network of 3rd party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
- Manage logistics data and inventory flows.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-3 years of work experience, ideally including experience with people management. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encourage to apply:
- Must possess an appreciation for the challenges of logistics in a developing economy with an understanding of how the industry functions
- Strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business,).
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, or other operational management required. Development sector experience is an asset but not required.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze, and communicate data (applied mathematics or systems engineering background an asset)
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Top-performing educational background (include GPA/class marks); related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: Fluent English required. French desired. Regional languages an asset.
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, housing.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top