Logistics Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with 2-5 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Rubengera, Rwanda with some travel in districts
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Logistics Department is responsible for management of warehouses of agriculture inputs, seeds and other household products that One Acre Fund delivers to its farmers. Logistics’ key role consists of planning and executing input distributions to farmers at the cell level across districts we operate in. One Acre Fund is looking for an exceptional person to manage multiple Logistics processes and a team of warehouse managers. The candidate will:
- Be responsible for coordinating the receiving and quality control procedures of inputs from our suppliers;
- Work closely with field operations team to schedule and execute deliveries;
- coordinate local and national transport operations with efficiency by ensuring professionalism and managing relationship with transporters;
- Be responsible for managing the seeds quality system in collaboration with our Sourcing and Innovation departments;
- Be responsible for supporting a team of warehouse managers to use their potential and motivate them to serve the growing base of farmers;
- Manage warranty operations for our products
- Be expected to work on special projects that lead us on an efficient and cutting-edge execution.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2-5 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Commitment to living in a rural area for an extended period of time;
- Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda is required, knowledge of French a bonus;
- Passion for and solid working experience in Logistics, operations management, transport; ideally through direct interaction with field team;
- Top performing academic background (must have at least a Bachelor's degree in a business, agriculture, or related field);
- Advanced MS Office skills with familiarity in data presentation, data analysis using MS Excel
- Integrity: You should be honest and having strong moral principles with ability to lead by example and trustworthy actions;
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders;
- Flexibility: You should be comfortable with ambiguity and quickly learning new skills and subjects;
- Growth: You should be open to feedback, willing to admit mistakes.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Transportation and airtime allowance, health insurance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top