Analytical, process and systems oriented professional with 5+ years of relevant work experience to manage the delivery of life altering inputs to over 50,000 farmers across Tanzania, Zambia and beyond.
Iringa, Tanzania or Kabwe, Zambia
Minimum 2-year commitment, full-time job
Our vision for 2020 is to improve the lives of more than one million farm families by delivering exemplary services to their doorsteps. To achieve this, One Acre Fund must grow in both scale and complexity – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Logistics team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations, extend our geographic reach, and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
Distribution is fundamental to the core model of One Acre Fund, and the logistics team works specifically to enable this cutting edge, cost-efficient, and professional rural delivery system. The Logistics Associate/Manager will be an integral part of the team that delivers millions of kilograms of life-changing goods each year directly to hundreds of thousands of farm families across East Africa. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the small-holding farmer. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing multiple input distributions throughout the growing season, including setting up hundreds of market points in rural areas that will allow farmers to access life-changing inputs within walking distance of their homes.
- Serving as a lynchpin coordinator between departments for major annual One Acre Fund distribution processes.
- Innovating ways to deliver new categories of life-changing products (e.g. live plant material, poultry, etc.), and to make our delivery network even more cost effective.
- Building and managing a team of warehouse and logistics professionals. Average team size is about 10 full-time employees and up to 100 seasonal employees.
- Building and managing a network of 3rd party service providers including transportation, warehousing, and input suppliers.
- Crafting scalable policies and procedures to enable our program model to succeed within our core countries and in new markets.
- Managing all logistics data and inventory flows.
- With strong performance, possibility of managing cross-country projects.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5+ years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business,).
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, or other operational management. Development world experience is an asset but not required.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze and communicate data
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Top-performing educational background (include GPA/class marks); related masters degree is an asset, but not strictly required.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: Fluent English required.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board
Sponsor International Candidates
East African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top