Knowledge Management Specialist
Exceptional individual with 2-4+ years of work experience in knowledge management or information technology. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Nairobi, Bungoma, or Kigali
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Knowledge Management (KM) Specialist will support knowledge sharing processes across multiple countries and administrate the technical backend of One Acre Fund’s knowledge management software. The KM Specialist will play a vital role in ensuring knowledge and key information is easily accessible and widely distributed across the organization, helping One Acre Fund operate more intelligently and efficiently as we grow to serve one million farmers by 2020.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Technical Duties: The KM Specialist will administrate the technical backend of One Acre Fund’s knowledge management software, including keeping the backend user list up-to-date, troubleshooting technical issues on the platform, and maintaining the quality of internal blogs, wikis, pages, and navigation structures.
- Technical Support: The KM Specialist will monitor the KM platform’s support email to answer staff questions and requests, provide technical support, and troubleshoot technical issues. The specialist also will liaise with the external software development team to address broader site issues.
- Training: Write and publish basic tutorials on how to use KM platform features.
- Strategic Support: The KM Specialist will work with the global KM lead to track KM site performance, plan and support tools and initiatives to increase cross-organizational knowledge sharing, and document and distribute knowledge sharing best practices. The KM Specialist will provide additional support to the Training and HR departments to facilitate distribution of trainings, policies, and key program information. This role provides the opportunity to grow into the organization-wide KM strategic lead over time.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional individual with 2-4+ years of work experience in knowledge management or information technology. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Very strong technical skills, including the ability to troubleshoot, solve and, as needed, escalate technical issues on our internal, web-based KM platform.
- Exceptional organization and information synthesizing skills, with a demonstrated high quality of work and a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service demeanor, both in-person and over email.
- Experience managing large-scale databases and tracking website analytics and key performance indicators.
- Basic or advanced knowledge of HTML.
- Proactive problem solver and ability to think critically.
- Integrity, positive attitude, and friendly demeanor.
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and expand technical and project management skills.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers.
- Language: Strong English-language writing skills required. Swahili, French, or Kinyarwanda desirable.
- Relevant work experience in a knowledge management or information technology role.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics; experience in Google Drive.
- Technical writing experience.
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in information management or other relevant fields from a recognized university (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job.
If you have these skills and experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Preferred Start Date
Competitive salary with performance-based incentives.
Health insurance, staff loans, small airtime and transportation allowances.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top