Knowledge Management and Gatekeeping Specialist
Exceptional professional with a passion for stakeholder engagement and development work. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
We are seeking a driven and highly professional individual to lead all knowledge management activities within the Product Innovations department and also serve as the gatekeeper to coordinate engagement with all other departments within the organization. This is a rural-based position in Bungoma.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with staff across the department on a frequent basis to develop a deep understanding of all department activities being conducted and remain up-to-date on activities at all times
- Leading all knowledge management within the department, including:
- Developing weekly and quarterly summaries of all department activities
- Synthesizing trial reports and outcomes for a variety of audiences
- Managing all internal recordkeeping and organization of trial outcomes and reports
- Managing frequent uploads of all trial reports and materials to the organization Intranet
- Managing sharing of trial reports and materials with other teams and departments
- Serving as the department “gatekeeper” and the primary liaison to coordinate activities with all other departments
- Maintaining department calendars to track all project activities
- Attending weekly gatekeeper meetings to update all teams on department activities
- Continually tracking and following up as needed on all department activities related to implementation, logistics, procurement, and any other trial support
- Leading engagement with other teams for coordination of large scale (Phase 3) trials
- Organizing weekly staff meetings, brown bag lunch sessions, and other knowledge sharing opportunities
- Organizing and support trainings and capacity building activities for team members to enhance skills and knowledge across the department
- Organizing regular sessions to share trial outcomes and discuss department strategy
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for stakeholder engagement and development work. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- University degree; Master’s preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to keep track of a very large number of complex projects at the same time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong relationship-building and teamwork skills, including the ability to work well and collaborate with many different people
- Excellent writing ability, in particular the ability to write clear and concise summaries of activities and communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to verbally communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Strong computer skills, including with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Some knowledge of data management and strong skills interpreting and presenting data
- Some experience with agricultural trials preferred
- Some experience in developing and maintaining an effective knowledge management system for a complex organization preferred
- Ability to innovate and improve processes for greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Proficient in both Kiswahili and English
- Humility, teamwork, and a passionate dedication to helping improve the lives of smallholder farmers
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Knowledge Management and Gatekeeping Specialist and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by July 22, 2016.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top