Kenya People Analyst
Early-career professionals with 2-5+ years work experience and a demonstrated passion for helping both staff and clients achieve their full human potential.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund began in Kenya and Kenya is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation. As One Acre Fund Kenya transitions from a start-up to a mature operation we need additional high-performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Kenya team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
Meeting the challenges of hiring, managing, and growing the careers of 1,500+ staff represents some of the most critical and compelling work of One Acre Fund Kenya. As the People Analyst, your role will be to deploy data in new ways to drive organizational growth and improvement. The People Analyst will be responsible for creating and overseeing a new area of work for One Acre Fund Kenya, building a people analytics competency through individual projects and close collaboration with our People Division departments of HR, Training, and Corporate Operations. Responsibilities of the People Analst would include, but not be limited to:
- Driving Change:The People Division Associate in Kenya will have ownership over her/his scope of work. S/he will assess people-related needs across the program, develop a prioritized project pipeline, and execute on high-impact initiatives.
- Data Analysis: You’ll analyze data related to key strategic initiatives within our People Division. This may include analysis related to hiring, professional development, retention, and quality of management.
- Setting strategy: Working with the Kenya People Division Director, use the information gleaned from your analysis to prioritize areas of work within the People Division and identify future projects. If it's of interest, you may act as project lead/coordinator to implement some of these projects.
- Data Collection and Storage: You’ll work with our three People departments to improve existing data collection methods, ensure good data quality, and to set up streamlined databases.
- Data Presentation and Communication: This will include designing dashboards to track KPIs, reporting on how well we are meeting targets in key areas, and presenting your insights to Kenya leadership.
- Staff Management & Mentorship: The People Associate will be a mentor to several members of the People Division, with a particular focus on building skills related to database management, presentation of data (data reporting), and data collection. You may also directly manage one or more staff.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A background in statistics, people analytics, or other applicable analysis/reporting experience, particularly with experience in Microsoft Excel and regression analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples include managing a department, driving change initiatives, leading a conference, launching a field program in a developing country.
- Strong undergraduate background at top East African university or international university. Masters a plus.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with maturity, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to live outside of a capital city, close to our customers, for at least two years. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Language: English required, Kiswahili a plus.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top