Inputs Data Specialist
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund purchases $30 million per year in goods over 500+ complex transactions on behalf of 400,000+ smallholder farmers. We are seeking a Data Manager to manage SAP data entry, architect standardized data management processes, implement with 100% sustained data accuracy, and drive on-time deliveries through frequent SAP reporting.
This Data Manager will coordinate across the global inputs team, finance, and logistics to maintain the consistent flow of purchasing information. This person will develop standardized quality control metrics to assess data accuracy, report on inputs team KPIs, and ensure all data is entered in real time to ultimately deliver a world class data management system at the feet of our 400,000 farmers across rural East Africa.
Responsibilities of the Data Manager will include:
- SAP Data Management
- Becoming an expert on how to work with the SAP purchasing module including all special cases
- Ensuring 100% of data is entered accurately and in real time
- Resolving data entry issues quickly and independently by working closely with the SAP finance administration team and inputs purchasers
- Running SAP reports on a weekly basis for inputs purchasers to ensure all purchasers are on track with their projects
- Develop and Implement Data Quality Controls
- Ensuring consistently accurate data by building strong Quality Checking processes
- Preventing fraud and corruption challenges by implementing controls and reporting outliers to Inputs Team Lead.
- Coordinating across inputs team, finance, and logistics to evaluate and improve data accuracy and data entry timeliness
- Team Management & Leadership Development
- Mentoring a strong data entry officer under you to enter data consistently accurately
- Define Best Practices
- Mapping out current data management practices to identify and implement time-saving improvements.
- Implementing standardized practices across the team to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and drive improved customer service
- Building Outstanding Communication Channels
- Becoming familiar with One Acre Fund structures and products purchased to ensure you have a clear understanding of how to manage complex SAP entries
- Working closely with logistics and finance teams to ensure entries are done correctly and clarify confusion where needed
- Improving overall inputs process transparency
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with experience in and a passion for data management and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
- Experience in data management and data entry required
- Some experience in SAP Data management strongly preferred
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain preferred
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- A passion for world class customer service
- Outstanding communication skills with peers and management
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently
- Top-performing academic background
- Language: English required, French and Swahili a plus
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top