Exceptional professional with 5-10+ years of experience and a demonstrated passion for agricultural development.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
The Rwanda Impact Director is broadly responsible for leading and improving TUBURA’s current and future impact. The position is responsible for managing the entire Innovation team, which is the driving force behind improving TUBURA’s programs, products and services to farmers. The Impact Director role is also responsible for dotted line management to the Rwanda M&E department, which collects various important information and annual impact numbers. Lastly, the position requires collaboration with the Operations team, through season planning and monthly meetings, to define and plan for the best use of current resources for farmer impact. The position will be based in Rubengera, Rwanda and will report to the Country Director. The position requires a 2-year commitment.
- Innovation Department
- Leading overall performance of the Innovations team, mostly centered around creation and delivery of new impact plays for the core program.
- Improving systematization of impact models, trial processes, design, analysis, and reporting at every stage of Innovation pipeline.
- Strategically pushing to diversify impact from seasonal and profit only impact measurement to long-term triple bottom line metrics focused on farmer profit, soil and environmental health, and family health and nutrition.
- Using research and data to make decisions around all phases of the Innovations pipeline.
- Oversight of the Innovations Team budget.
- M & E Department
- Determine priorities for measurement for the coming season including additions and changes to current surveys or additional work.
- Help design new studies, interpret data, and recommend data-driven actions or decisions.
- Assist in annual impact model quality checking and decisions about the model and analysis.
- Core Operations Support
- Set yearly calendar of activities to deliver impact.
- Deliver great trainings to the field team and farmers based on research and trials.
- Collaborate and guide strategy around phase 3 and 4 trials.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5-10+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for agricultural development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA and test scores on your resume).
- Strong data analysis skills including Excel and STATA/R.
- Agricultural research and/or farming experience.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to live outside of a capital city, close to our customers, for at least two years - this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world.
- Language: English required. French and Kinyarwanda preferred.
Please note that roles at One Acre Fund are continually evolving and therefore subject to change.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans and Kinyarwanda speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top