Human Resources Associate
Minimum 2 years' commitment, full-time job
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts to hire the world’s best international development professionals. Every year we hire dozens of the best development professionals in the world, and we are seeking an HR/administration professional with excellent organizational skills to join our People Operations team (POPS) to help us provide our staff with exceptional service, benefits and support.
The Human Resources Associate will join our New York-based People Operations team to provide support in a variety of areas, including, but not limited to the following:
- Onboarding: This team member will help onboard 100+ new staff members each year posted in more than a half dozen countries worldwide. Working closely with other members of the POPS team in East Africa and the US, tasks will include managing our HR information system (HRIS) to ensure new hires have clear onboarding tasks assigned, new hire paperwork is submitted in a timely manner, and communicating with new staff regarding policies and benefits, etc.
- HRIS and Document Management: Responsibilities will include administering our HR information system (BambooHR), including creating and running new reports, managing data, troubleshooting technical issues, and providing other support as requested from our staff. This team member will also assist with managing various HR documents, including creating and updating document templates, updating existing documents, and working with a graphic designer on larger projects, as applicable.
- Benefits Administration: This team member will play an important role in ensuring that all new and current staffers have access to and utilize our full suite of benefits, as well as doing research to help keep us up-to-date with relevant regulations and compliance requirements. As we create policies, this team member will play a key support role in conducting research to help us improve, enhance, and upgrade all benefits (i.e., insurance, retirement, etc.).
- Payroll & Reimbursements: Responsibilities include setting up US and international staff members on payroll as well as reviewing, analyzing and processing reimbursement and expense requests.
- Customer Service: POPS is responsible for quickly responding to a variety of HR-related inquiries from our staffers around the world. This team member will be a key part of the process by quickly understanding and supporting staff members for all HR needs in a timely manner.
- Start-up tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic staff member who can tackle tasks quickly and accurately and who has the flexibility and willingness to take on any People Operations task or project that arises.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking a professional with 2-4+ years of experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong HR experience preferred. Successful applicants should have prior experience in at least a few of the following areas: HR information systems; benefits administration; payroll/expense/reimbursements; HR policy creation and administration; new staff hiring; HR customer service.
- Passion for People Operations: We are looking for candidates who are truly passionate about providing outstanding support to our staff and not those looking just for an interesting job. This is a career track role and one ideally suited for candidates who see this position as a long-term career.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong academic background.
- Humility: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flights, housing.
Back to top