Government Relations Nutrition Specialist
Exceptional professionals with 2+ years’ work experience to lead our Kenya government relations work on nutrition. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Nairobi (with regular travel to Western Kenya and occasionally East Africa)
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
By 2020, One Acre Fund expects to have 1M+ households in our product distribution and training network, including roughly 5M children. With this growth, we are seeing the ability to influence the adoption of life-improving products at a meaningful scale. Using this network to affect nutrition and health outcomes is emerging as an increasingly large impact priority. Our program has already demonstrated statistically significant reductions in reported hunger, but we want to take this work to the next level, through a comprehensive nutrition program that improves key outcomes like childhood stunting in our farmer population.
Note that this role will work closely with our existing in-country Product Innovations team, which is responsible for running trials of new products and services within the One Acre Fund farmer network. Our nutrition work will draw on the resources of this existing team.
- Develop One Acre Fund’s government relations strategy with local and national level ministries of health, regulatory bodies, and other stakeholders working on nutrition
- Build out and maintain relationships with government health management teams and nutritional officers at national, county, and sub-county levels
- Oversee high quality reports, field visits, and overall government outreach to ensure transparency of trials and field
- Represent One Acre Fund in government stakeholder forums on nutrition and liaise with key non-government actors
- Interpret and explain laws and policies applicable to One Acre Fund’s nutrition program
- Obtain formal approvals such as licenses and MoUs to pave the way for One Acre Fund’s nutrition program in Kenya
- Advise on the development of trainings, products, and M&E protocols to align them with government policy on nutrition
- Deliver trainings to innovations and field teams to equip them with sufficient knowledge of government nutrition policy
- Regular communications with field and innovations teams to align on timeframes and deliverables of multiple nutrition projects
- Collaborate with One Acre Fund’s global government relations and policy team to exchange knowledge and best practices
- Supervise the activities of one local government relations staff member working across multiple counties
- Support growth of One Acre Fund’s nutrition program into new counties
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for government relations and nutrition. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong background in public health, including 2+ years’ experience in the sector, with a strong understanding of health systems.
- Experience providing nutrition technical assistance to governments.
- Fluency with nutrition global health trends, including innovations in maternal and child health, health systems strengthening, and community health workers.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English and Swahili
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top