Finance Systems Business Analyst
Exceptional professional with 3+ years of work experience and a background in computer science, systems, or engineering. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund relies on mission critical home grown and commercial enterprise level software to manage our fast paced financial environment. This software ranges from web based expense reporting, online budgeting and forecasting, mobile logistics, and many other finance and operational scenarios. Currently our software supports around 5,000 employees distributed over multiple East African countries.
- Improve our existing technologies to improve maintainability, reliability, and ease of use.
- Improve data access, analytics, and reporting through the use of data warehousing, and analysis services.
- Build out mobile apps to serve the needs of our employees.
The Data Integration Specialist will be based in Nairobi Kenya. S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and design solutions for complex enterprise data needs
- Participate in the continued maintenance of our existing business intelligence applications through rigorous change management
- Develop features which will improve operational efficiency of our employees.
- Maintain a long-term perspective when faced with urgent operational demands
- Focus on simplicity and usability for our staff
- Work together with our small team of systems analysts
- Maintain data and technical standards and participate in peer reviews
- Technology experimentation: Experiment with a variety of technologies to improve operations. Investigate appropriate solutions for interacting with 3rd party software providers
- Operational insight: Become familiar with every aspect of our operations and identify areas for improvement in the tools we develop to support our customers.
Other tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly, which means all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our team and clients.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 3+ years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies.
- Experience creating and implementing Technical Requirements documentation (wireframes, use cases and functional requirements).
- Ability to use SQL and implement small to mid size database solutions.
- Experience developing small to mid-sized business intelligence solutions
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer-related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Very strong self-manager.
- Work experience in a professional environment; ideally 3+ years of work experience
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least 2 years
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong technical skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Language: English required
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- Relational Data Modeling
- Unit Testing
- Agile / Scrum
- Entity Framework (Code First)
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016
- NET Core 1.0 (MVC 6)
- Entity Framework Core 1.0 (Code First)
- Windows 10
- Visual Studio 2015
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top