Finance Director & Corporate Controller
Exceptional professional with 8+ years of experience and a passion for international development.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
Reporting to the chief financial officer (CFO), the Finance Director/Corporate Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance operations, accounting, auditing, and compliance of the organization which has a budget nearing $100 million. You will supervise a team of over 40 staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll support, and compliance. You will ensure that One Acre Fund has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits in all 10+ countries of operation. Working closely with program leaders and their staff, you will educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and also explore how the finance function can support program operations. You will also work directly with the CFO to prepare and deliver presentations to the board and audit committees while working very closely with the senior leadership team.
Team Leadership: Your primary responsibility will be to build an amazing team with strong deputies and excellent client service provided to non-finance departments.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
Finance and Accounting: You will be responsible for every piece of our financial operations and accounting function, including:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements in all countries of operations.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements every month for every business unit and country operation.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Coordinate all audit activity for all countries of operations.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board’s audit committee around financial operations, compliance, and control environment.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 8+ years of senior finance and accounting experience, ideally beginning in accounting and audit, as well as a demonstrated passion for international development. S/he will ideally have experiences at a complex company that has multiple programs in multiple countries.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and other key finance functions.
- Experience at for-profit companies, as well as nonprofit, is ideal.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- CPA, ACCA, and/or MBA preferred.
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Experience in retail or other large volume cash business a plus.
- Language: English required; French or Kinyarwanda a plus.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top