Finance and Operations Project Specialist
An exceptional professional with experience in either finance or business operations and a passion for development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
Our operations team provides invaluable support to our Field team, enabling them to deliver impact to many smallholder farmers around East Africa. This position will work with one of our Operations departments: Business Operations or Finance.
The Business Operations department is responsible for all key client data management and works closely with our core operations on a daily basis. The Business Operations Associate will be responsible for facilitating the growth of our client base by leading a team of bookkeepers in an efficiently designed, well-structured, and goal-oriented manner. This task will require a high level of responsibility, and we’re looking for someone who can effectively meet goals and deliver results through systems design, staff hiring, and leadership development.
Specific duties include:
- Staff Management & Development
- Client Payments Management
- Client Order Management & Fulfillment
- Client Data Management
- Customer Service
Our finance department has various responsibilities ranging from book-keeping and weekly payments to budgeting, cash forecast, financial analysis and internal audit. The finance department plays a key role in driving our program towards financial sustainability meaning that we do not depend on donor money to run our program. This position will analyze and coach our departments in their spending as well as identify and drive key savings projects. In addition, a key responsibility would be to manage our internal auditors to ensure we operate with stewardship
Specific duties include:
- Leading annual budget process and reviewing monthly variances
- Lead quarterly updates of department/country budget forecast
- Identifying key savings projects in cooperation with department heads
- Co-ordinate in country external annual audit
- Regular training of new/existing staff in OAF financial system and processes
- Improve in-country financial processes
- Single point of contact against OAF international finance team
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional(s) with 1-3 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 1-3 Years Relevant Work Experience – Candidates should have 1-3 years of strong work experience, including project management, team management, or entrepreneurial experiences. Candidates with a background in community development, field work, or agriculture preferred.
- Strong Leadership Skills – We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or starting a business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field – Strong undergraduate background at top East African university or international university. Degrees in Finance or Accounting required for the Finance position. Degree in Business, or Finance preferred for Business Operations position.
- Humility & Positive Attitude – We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Strong Computer Skills – Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Access databases
- Rural Fit – A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of Uganda for at least two years.
- Language – English required. Knowledge of Luganda, Lusoga or other Ugandan languages strongly preferred.
- Ugandan national – This job is for Ugandan nationals exclusively.
Preferred Start Date
1st June 2016
Commensurate with experience.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top