Field Operations Systems Support Specialist
Exceptional professional with a passion for international development and strong attention to detail. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Field Operations Systems Support Specialist will support the Field Operations System Program Associate to create and formalize efficient backend processes to better deliver service to smallholder farmers and to the Field Operations team at large.
The Field Operations Systems Support Specialist will create and procure the materials that our ~1000 field staff need to operate, and also ensure that field staff promptly receive any payments they deserve, and that their HR needs are addressed.
S/he will be a critical link between our front-end field team and our back-end teams (Finance, HR, Business Operations, Logistics, etc.) A successful candidate in this position can anticipate rapid career advancement and ownership of a steadily increasing portfolio of mission-critical business tasks.
- Suggest and pilot changes to TUBURA Field Operations processes that will enhance efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining or improving the level of service to our field staff and clients. Examples could include rapidly developing a new seed distribution process to accommodate a national seed shortages, working with procurement team to develop a cost efficient plan for regional and local procurement, or assessing how to efficiently gather client data to bring Core Program into alignment with Government of Rwanda standards.
- Support Systems Program Associate in creation of critical field-facing materials for our field staff, including ad-hoc reports and government subsidy data collection sheets. This will include liaising with the Business Operations team to collect and manipulate needed data, as well as creating report formats and generating Excel macros.
- Serve as the key liaison between the Field Operations and HR teams to track progress on audits, probations, terminations and Field team leave.
- Serve as the key liaison between the Field Operations and Procurement teams for Systems/Field Ops projects. This includes working with the Procurement department to submit and track requests and support transport to the field, and working with the Operational Support Team to follow up on the use and storage of all procured materials.
- Manage needed payments to field staff, both through Mobile Money and through additions to TUBURA payroll. This will include collecting and organizing data to submit mobile money payment requests, and managing the Field Staff Phone Number Database to ensure that all of TUBURA’s field staff payment information is up to date.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for international development. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Preferably a university degree in business administration and management, social science, or a related field.
- Proactive problem-solver with strong critical and analytical thinking.
- attention to detail, with the ability to juggle many projects simultaneously without missing any critical tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. (Written Kinyarwanda fluency is a must.)
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel/Word and Google Sheets/Google Docs.
- Genuine passion in serving smallholder farmers.
- Commitment to be based in Rubengera for length of contract, with potential work travel within the country.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Transportation and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top