Field Operations and Administrative Specialist
Exceptional professional with a passion for development and serving smallholder farmers. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Field Operations & Administrative Project Specialist (PS) will support the Materials and Execution PA to oversee the coordination and design of weekly materials, including field team instructions and trainings, and client and team-facing meeting agendas. This PS will work closely with many departments within the organization to ensure that field-facing materials are consistent in design and content, and accurately reflect the priorities and activities in the field.
- Communicate with staff across all departments on a frequent basis to remain up-to-date on all activities. Act as the primary liaison to coordinate field activities and materials with all departments.
- Synthesize contributions (trainings, instructions, tools and messages) from many stakeholders into cohesive and clear, field-ready materials.
- Assist with the generation of field tools and notices, using Report Builder and Excel.
- Track project planning and materials process calendars and communicate deadlines and status updates to key stakeholders throughout the process. Update relevant stakeholders of schedule changes.
- Collaborate closely with the Ops Innovation department to flag and facilitate trial-specific revisions to materials.
- Attend weekly and monthly materials meetings.
- Lead evaluation and feedback activities on field materials.
- Coordinate translation of materials, and offer translation support, as needed.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for serving smallholder farmers. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- University degree and strong work experience in collaborative team settings.
- Well-organized with demonstrated experience managing projects with a high degree of complexity and detail. Driven to get things 100% right.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both English and Kinyarwanda, and comfort translating between the two.
- Proficiency in computer skills, with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and Excel, and Google Drive (Google Sheets/Google Docs).
- Genuine passion for serving smallholder farmers.
- Commitment to be based in Rubengera for length of contract, with potential work travel within the country.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top