Exceptional professional with 2+ years of experience, strong programming skills, and an interest in building out technical solutions to support our field operations.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund relies on a home-grown Client Management Information System to help us manage our field program information. As we grow our organization, we need to continually improve this system and facilitate its integration with third party tools. Currently, our Client Management Information System handles the enrollment of 180,000-300,000 smallholder farmers spread over multiple countries, records farm supply orders, manages the delivery of seed, fertilizer, and solar lights to clients, tracks millions of payment transactions, and creates a wide variety of business intelligence reports.
Our database uses a distributed client/server model where field offices can perform data entry and run reports offline while syncing with a central server as needed (e.g., during times of poor internet connectivity). On the backend, the technologies used are SQL server 2014 with merge replication to field offices, while on the front end we use MVC.Net, Breeze.js, and Angular.js. We use an Agile development strategy with frequent deployments of new versions to multiple locations.
The DevOps Engineer will be based in Western Kenya. S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating the rollout of new versions of the system to offices in multiple countries.
- Working with our local IT staff to support users experiencing technical difficulties with the software.
- Troubleshooting any issues with the system and relaying information about possible bugs to the Quality Assurance team.
- Developing automation tools for our operational environment
- Building out solutions to help our developers and Quality Assurance teams operate as efficiently as possible.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following profile are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work or internship experience in a professional environment; ideally 2+ years of work experience.
- Solid programming/scripting skills- C# and PowerShell preferred.
- Familiarity with build and release management, and deployment tools like Jenkins and OctopusDeploy.
- Very strong self-manager. After an initial six-month period of heavy mentorship, supervision will consist of one weekly check-in. Accordingly, we need someone who is very well-organized and can manage their work independently.
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years.
- Experience living in a developing country desired, but not a requirement.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong technical skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Language: English required, French is a plus.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top