Customer Engagement Specialist
Experienced professional with a passion for customer engagement and international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
To best serve our farmers our Customer Engagement Team, serves our 210,000 clients across Western and Nyanza provinces with a call center and SMS operation. By 2020 we aim to serve 500,000! The team handles hundreds, if not thousands, of phone calls and sends tens of thousands of SMS communications to our farmers in a normal week. While our field staff are the face of the organization, our Customer Engagement team represents our farmers’ voices and our voice to the farmers.
We are seeking an experienced Customer Engagement Manager who can grow our call center team to be prepared to handle over 200,000 clients in the next year by embodying our guiding principle – Farmers First!
Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead the transition from internal processes and documents to an advanced ticketing and workflow solution
- Standardize customer hotline responses to an incredibly diverse set of farmer questions and concerns
- Work directly with Customer Engagement management to set up systems to evaluate staff
- Develop strong relationships with One Acre Fund stakeholders to both communicate trends and insights on a regular basis based on data and to receive and record program information in a way that is accessible to call center agents
- Assist in infrequent emergency responses for unexpected issues to provide the best customer experience possible
- Work directly with Customer Engagement management to grow an experienced call center from 10+ members to over 20+ members in the next two years
- Identify areas for the department’s growth, propose strategies for us to achieve new successes, and execute on those strategies to improve performance
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking for exceptional professionals with 1-5 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Candidates should have 1-5 year(s) experience working in a call center. At least 1 year of that should be managing the call center. Experience in a large or an agricultural organization is a plus.
- University degree required, preferably in business administration.
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, innovative, and data-driven environment.
- Candidates should have excellent planning abilities to allow them to identify future risks and take preventive action.
- Candidates should have demonstrated management and/or mentorship skills in previous roles.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Able to summarize and synthesize information. Emails, meetings, and reports will all be a key component of this role.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Google Docs.
- Intermediate or better typing speed.
- Proficient in both English and Kiswahili
Preferred Start Date
June 1st, 2016
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top