Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
Training is both key part of our program model and key part of how we are able to work effectively at scale. Almost all staff start at the entry level for their careers track and many rise rapidly based on performance. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the smallholding farmers and also promoting career development of all the staff.
We currently have an opening for the position of Curriculum Manager at our Headquarters in Kakamega that we are inviting you to apply for. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct independent research on new training topics
- Consult with other departments and subject matter experts
- Design and write training curriculum and supporting materials for in-person and eLearning trainings
- Edit and curate curriculum from other departments
- Design assessment and evaluation tools
- Manage multiple complex and concurrent projects
- Manage and lead team’s professional development
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a passion for training and development. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A diploma or undergraduate degree in Education, training, or a relevant field of study
- At least (1-2) years experience in teaching
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Experience in strategic planning, project management, and managing teams preferred
- Proven English communication skills (oral and written), with good attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft office
- Excellent attitude, willingness to learn and work hard, humility, and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to set and meet targets
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top