Compliance Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with background in law or audit and a knowledge of Rwandan law. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Kigali with extensive travels in Rwanda
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve 175,000 farm families with more than 1,700 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for a ‘Compliance Project Specialist.’’
One Acre Fund’s work is governed by the formal laws and regulations of Rwanda, as well as informal conventions that affect operations and government policy and rules that may be updated or changed frequently. As we grow, it is increasingly imperative to ensure that our operations all exist within Rwanda’s legal framework, and that all team members are aware of the rules governing their work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and analyze the laws, regulations, policies, and rules that govern One Acre Fund’s work in Rwanda.
- Establish relationships with regulators and other institutions that administer the law.
- Maintain close contact and relevant government agencies to determine when new laws or regulations are issued that affect One Acre Fund’s operations and update One Acre Fund teams on these new developments.
- Lead on drafting internal policies that ensure external compliance.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure all teams and operations are compliant with the regulatory framework.
- Develop and administer trainings to One Acre Fund teams to promote awareness of relevant laws/regulations/rules.
- Provide guidance, upon request and need, for any new area of operation.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional individual with a background in law or audit. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Professional background, with at least two years’ experience, in Law or Audit. Preference for exposure to the agricultural sector.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Excellent command of English and Kinyarwanda.
- Top performing academic background (must have at least a Bachelor's degree)
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top