Exceptional professionals with 3-5 years’ work experience to serve in a position that focuses on strategic communication and data presentation.
Kigali with frequent travel around Rwanda
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Partnerships Division manages external relations and communications with the Government of Rwanda and other stakeholders. The Communications Specialist helps senior management communicate TUBURA’s programs and success to external stakeholders, by succinctly presenting program information in a way that resonates with key partners. The objective of the specialist is to ensure program collaboration through communication.
The Communications Specialist should quickly learn the intimate details of TUBURA’s Core and Government Services programs in order to accurately communicate key details to external stakeholders; this will involve time in the field in order to understand program implementation, as well as time with all team members, enabling him/her to find creative and strategic ways to communicate the organization’s work to external partners. He/she should be positioned to design communication strategies for various audiences. This person will also be responsible for regularly analyzing quantitative program data and making it easily accessible and understandable by stakeholders, as well as producing communication materials that share TUBURA’s work in a strategic, transparent, and compelling way.
Activities would include:
- Producing TUBURA’s regular reports to government, including quarterly and annual reports; this involves the information gathering, analysis, writing, and production of the reports.
- Producing additional communications materials, including presentations, reports, videos, pamphlets, fact sheets, booklets, etc.,
- Gathering all program information and making it accessible to internal stakeholders through a dashboard. Identify or create new communications systems for internal coordination and communication.
We are looking for someone with high leadership potential and comfort working independently. This is a career track role where you will be exposed to high level leadership for communication planning.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. You will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 3-5 years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for development work. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Work Experience: Candidates should have 3-5 years of strong work experiences including in communications, public relations, or journalism. This experience should include the design of communication strategies, assembly of engaging communicating materials, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information to produce analytic reports.
- Leadership:We are looking for candidates with demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Examples of demonstrated leadership experience include managing a team or initiating a new project.
- Education:Strong undergraduate background at a top Rwandan or international university. All backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Attitude: We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Flexibility:You should be comfortable with ambiguity and quickly learning new skills and subjects.
- Growth:Potential to move into a GR leadership position within 6-12 months, based on performance.
- Other Skills: Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; expert Microsoft Office (especially very strong PowerPoint and Excel skills). Knowledge of knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat would be an added plus.
- Language:Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda required; French is a bonus.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Housing, transportation, and airtime allowance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top