Client Protection Associate
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2 - 5+ years of work experience to drive One Acre Fund’s client protection work.
Minimum 2 years commitment for full-time career-track role
One Acre Fund is strongly committed to a ‘farmers first’ approach – we put farmers first in everything we do. The Client Protection Associate’s goal will be to help One Acre Fund to provide consistent, exceptional customer service and the highest level of client protection to the 400,000 farmers in our programs. This is a global role that will involve setting priorities, monitoring progress on key indicators, implementing improvements, establishing strong audit and compliance processes, and supporting the Enterprise Risk Director to manage One Acre Fund’s key areas of risk. Specifically, this person’s responsibilities will include:
- Setting priorities and monitoring progress
- Working with Enterprise Risk Director and key stakeholders to set client protection goals and priority work streams
- Updating client protection cross-country dashboard and key performance indicators
- Leading bi-annual assessment of our performance on client protection policies and service provision for senior leadership
- Implementing improvements
- Targeting problem areas and institutional risks related to client protection; spearheading policy and/or process changes to address gaps
- Coordinating rollout of new policies and trainings across multiple countries; will involve 25%+ travel to other countries in the first year
- Convening working groups and cross-country meetings to share knowledge and information and address client protection issues
- Establishing strong audit and compliance processes
- Working with field and support teams to establish audit, escalation and resolution processes that maximize compliance with client protection policies and standards.
- Supporting the Enterprise Risk Director on other risk areas including:
- Helping to update the organization risk dashboard
- Coordinating with risk managers to ensure risk strategies are implemented
- Helping to create processes for efficient risk management
- Other projects as assigned to improve client protection and risk management
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills and your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through bi-annual management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development, client protection and microfinance. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong familiarity with the microfinance and/or social business sectors; previous experience serving microfinance clients or in a client protection or risk management role preferred.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and data, identify trends across multiple countries, and prioritize key takeaways and actions.
- Detail-oriented, with superb organizational, planning, and time-management skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; good ability to manage relationships with a number of stakeholders and teams across multiple countries.
- Top-performing academic background.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: fluency in English required.
Preferred Start Date
Starts very modest. However, this is a career–track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long–term placement in developing nations.
Health coverage, immunizations, flights, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans Encouraged to Apply.
Back to top