Business Operations Global Projects Lead
Analytical, process and systems oriented professional with 3-5+ years work experience to drive improvement and innovation in key business operations functions.
Kampala, Jinja; Kigali, Rwanda; or Nairobi, Kenya
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
Our vision for 2020 is to improve the lives of more than 1 million farm families by delivering exemplary services to their doorsteps. To achieve this, One Acre Fund must grow in both scale and complexity – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Business Operations team presents the opportunity to drive systems and process improvements that will allow the organization to take advantage of unique opportunities for rapid, impactful growth. This vision for growth can only be achieved through strong, flexible business operations systems run by remarkable teams.
Business Operations is the connection point where sales data meets client data, drives input ordering, distribution planning, repayment collection/tracking, and ultimately, excellence in customer service. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s key mission of serving the small-holding farmer. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading projects of strategic importance to the department. This could include projects like:
- Supporting the scoping and roll-out of mobile repayment in new programs
- Designing efficient and intuitive tools that track performance and drive accountability
- Embedding with our new business models and innovations teams to scale exciting and impactful products is a systematic and repeatable way
- Developing scalable policies and procedures to enable our program model to succeed within our core countries and in new markets. This could include projects like:
- Working across country programs map and implement improvements in warranty processing or customer service ticketing
- Working across functions to build consensus around standard approaches to shared problems and working closely with the Product Management team to implement improved tools and processes
- Improving analytics and efficiency in our business operation teams. This could include:
- Identifying the growth trajectory of our core client data management team that provides the greatest social return on investment (SROI) for the department and country programs.
- Partnering with our Internal Consulting Team and Training departments to identify untapped opportunities in software and training that open up new competencies and outputs.
- The Business Operations Global Projects Lead will be responsible for both content development and rollout through in-country teams. Travel around East Africa may be required to implement projects and monitor adherence to policies.
- While the majority of this role will focus on global projects and rollout, the Business Operations Global Projects Lead may also support country operations at peak activity time. This could include short-term secondment to a country team to:
- Support new pilot launches during peak seasonal activities around enrollment or distribution
- Drop in to provide additional bandwidth for teams who encounter unexpected challenges or require a push to meet a target or key result
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 3-5+ years of work experience including at least 1-2 years of people management experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encourage to apply:
- Must possess an appreciation for the challenges of operations in a developing economy.
- Strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience in a dynamic or entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze, and communicate data (applied mathematics background).
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- A keen understanding of how to work with and through team members.
- Top-performing educational background (include GPA/class marks); related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Expertise in strategic process development, project planning and analysis desired.
- Hard skills and proficiency in Excel required. Ability to work in Access, Java, C++, STATA, R or other analysis programs or development languages a plus.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: Fluent English required. French desired.
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top