Business Intelligence Analyst
Exceptional IT professional with 2-5 years of work experience.
Nairobi, Kenya preferred (after an initial three-month on-boarding in Kakamega, Kenya)
This is a full-time job with an initial two-year commitment. We are looking for candidates who will build long-term careers with One Acre Fund.
Our vision for 2020 is to improve the lives of more than one million farm families by delivering exemplary services to their doorsteps. To achieve this, One Acre Fund must grow in both scale and complexity – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory. Working with our Business Intelligence (BI) team presents the opportunity to build out our data infrastructure and tools to support key organizational leaders in making data-driven decisions.
Data is central to the way One Acre Fund operates and the BI team works specifically to improve the collection, storage, and access of data across the organization. The Business Intelligence Analyst will be an integral part of the team that works with the preeminent source of smallholder farmer data. Your work will have a tremendous impact on the organization’s ability to serve the smallholding farmer by helping it more efficiently work with data.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our Field Reporting & Analysis Needs
- Developing actionable field reports for organizational leaders
- As we grow, we’ve begun to move away from Excel to cope with the data volume required to efficiently report on hundreds of thousands of clients in East Africa.
- The BI Analyst will write SQL queries and build reports to provide essential metrics to our Field Team along with the occasional Excel solution.
- Driving cross-country standardization for appropriate tools
- One Acre Fund is growing up and we need to begin standardizing more of our reporting solutions across the countries in which we operate.
- The BI Analyst will work with key stakeholders in each country to help drive this process forward by defining key metrics, but also identifying where each country needs to be flexible at creating a custom solution – built by the BI Analyst.
- Designing live dashboards to support core field activities while maintaining and improving the architecture of our reporting databases
- During our enrollment periods, we’ve enrolled in as many as 200,000 clients within a five-week span.
- Field Teams need to agilely redeploy resources to ensure the enrollment period goes smoothly – The BI Analyst will ensure they have the data they need to make decisions on the fly.
- In Kenya alone, we collect roughly 50,000 repayments per week. By the fourth week of the season, we’ve moved past our ability to efficiently analyze this data in Excel.
- The BI Analyst would be in charge of developing a number of new repayment dashboards for both the tracking of core metrics and exploratory data analysis.
- Our program requires us to coordinate last mile deliveries to over 1,500 distribution points across East Africa.
- The BI Analyst would build out additional data tools to track inventory shrink, delivery efficiency, and highlight the accomplishments of our incredible logistics team.
- Serving as a “data coach” to data admins across the organization
- Establishing data storage standards for our informal data systems across the organization and implement these standards with departmental data administrators.
- Mapping One Acre Fund’s informal data systems and evaluate their efficacy.
- Helping to identify where new software solutions are required to maintain One Acre Fund’s data standards.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-5 years of work experience. Candidates fitting the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Significant technical training will be provided to the candidate, but advanced proficiency will be required in at least one of the following skills: Excel, SQL Queries, SSRS Reports, SSAS Data Cubes, Power BI (or other data visualization tool), R (or another statistical software package).
- Strong work experiences with demonstrated leadership and management experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g., starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, and starting a business).
- Strong analytical skills – Ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze, and communicate data.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Top-performing educational background (include GPA/class marks); related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required.
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: Fluent English required.
Preferred Start Date
This is a career-track role with fast raises for performance. Salary starts out modest, but with opportunity for a meaningful salary for long-term placement in our countries of operation.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top