Audit Project Specialist
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
The Audit Project Specialist leads the Tubura audit team and liaises closely with Field Operations. The Audit Team is responsible for identifying errors in client data, staff fraud, and reducing error and fraud in the future. The Audit Team responds to Field Operations and Hotline requests to visit clients across all districts where Tubura works in Rwanda. The team also plays a key role during distribution acting as Truck Managers, Warehouse Managers and reconciling balances caused by differences between inventory and distributed products.
Your duties would include:
- Team Leadership
- Manage the audit team consisting of 1 audit director, 2 audit managers and 13 audit officers
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members and evaluate their performance both formally through bi-annual performance reviews and informally in day-to-day work
- Field Activities and Processes
- Oversee the field audit process, coordination, scheduling and follow-up with Field Operations and any other related departments
- Oversee the process of reconciling client deliveries to inventory delivered
- Propose and implement improvements to audit materials used in the field
- Reporting and Analysis
- Seasonal: Provide high-level professional audit reports and analysis to Field Operations, Logistics, and other interested stakeholders including country leadership
- Respond to ad-hoc questions related to fraud trends
- Fraud Follow-Up
- Liaise with the Anti-Fraud department who works to recover owed amounts identified as part of the audit process
- Work with Business Operations to understand the status of audit balances
- Strategic Projects
- Work closely with Field Operations and Business Operations to explore future solutions to improve and streamline audit processes and strategy
- Develop a strategy for efficient auditing using a risk-based model and cost-savings strategies
- Set the purpose and vision of the audit team as Tubura moves to mobile repayment
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a strong background in accounting, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office
- Excellent mathematics and financial reconciliation skills
- Clear communicator/mentor
- Proactive problem solver
- Integrity and a positive attitude
- Demonstrates high quality work with a strong attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Western rural Rwanda for at least two years
- Language: Fluent in English or French, fluent in Kinyarwanda
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Relevant work experiences. Examples include: demanding professional work experience in business, bank or NGO, or a successful entrepreneurial experience.
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Experience managing other people.
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top