Agriculture Research Project Specialist
Exceptional professional with 1+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. East African candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job.
The Agricultural Research Project Specialist will lead the department that designs trials, evaluates data, and proves new agricultural practices, products, and seed varieties for small-scale farmers. As head of the agriculture research department, the Project Specialist will work under a Program Associate to build a strong Innovations Department that produces efficient, high-impact farming solutions.
- Identify new crops , inputs, and farming practices for OAF farmers
- Work with the Global Innovations Team to design trials to test new products
- Implement and supervise agricultural research trials
- Oversee data collection and analysis
- Liaise with major suppliers of inputs and agricultural research organizations
- Create and refine trainings for Field Officers and farmers
- Develop the agriculture research department—hire and train new staff, oversee human resources, create procedures, etc
- Develop team members’ skills and leadership capabilities
- Manage budgets, control fraud, and provide expense reports
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Finance & Operations Specialists will have access to regular and ongoing professional development opportunities aimed at building the soft and hard skills required for quick rapid professional growth. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 1+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, etc).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Language: English required, Bemba preferred
Preferred Start Date
15 January 2017
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with raises for performance.
Note: We will not be able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Back to top