Accounting Excellence Associate
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
The Accounting Excellence Associate will be responsible for building and improving our centralized accounting function, focusing on process improvements, training, monitoring, and technical accounting – you will work outside of the day-to-day accounting function, injecting process improvements and innovations into the system in order to get more accurate and timely financial statements. You will serve in a career-track position that combines creativity, project management, financial operations, and non-profit accounting. We are seeking exceptional professionals with a long-term career interest in international development and finance. As part of a rapidly growing organization, you will be a key member of the team responsible for managing our financial accounting. This role will report to the Controller.
Typical tasks include:
- Analyzing our books closing process to find efficiencies. As one of the few member of the centralized finance team not focusing on day-to-day activities, you will have the opportunity to take a holistic look at our books closing process and identify areas for improved efficiency, controls, or accuracy.
- Hiring and training accountants. You will help find the strongest, most qualified, and mission-oriented accountants in the region, bringing them on to our fast-growing team and then training them so they onboard quickly and effectively.
- Monitoring KPIs. Key Performance Indicators measure how the team is doing and allow us to find areas for improvement. You will work with the Controller to create and monitor regular KPIs, using the reports to find areas for process improvements and increased training.
- Liaising with Logistics and Procurement. You will work closely with teams like Logistics and Procurement to understand what they need from the accounting system, and what the accounting team needs from them. You will help create monthly check-lists for the other teams, train them on any process changes, and ensure that financial data flows properly from Logistics and Procurement into Finance.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 4+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- CPA or ACCA certification is a must
- 4+ years of strong work experience in a finance-related role – public accounting or audit experience desirable
- Previous experience with SAP Business One a plus
- Experience with process design and implementation
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Language: English required, French a plus
Preferred Start Date
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, immunizations, flights, housing.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Back to top