Director of Market Planning and Business Insights
- Weston, MA
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Los Altos, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
Position: Director of Market Planning and Business Insights
The Director of Market Planning and Business Insights will report to the Vice President, Business Strategy & Planning, and will be a key member of core project teams responsible for the planning and commercialization of Oncopeptides’ first therapy, melflufen, in the US and ex-US markets.
This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of multiple areas within business strategy to execute decision-making on commercialization strategy and launch planning as well as future indications for the product. The Director of Market Planning and Business Insights will partner with and support various functions including sales, marketing, market access, medical affairs, commercial operations, and finance. This position will lead activities in market research and competitive intelligence as well as ensuring accurate and timely reporting of market insights to management and key stakeholders. Success in this role will require the individual to have relevant oncology launch experience and the ability to collaborate, lead and influence cross functionally.
This position is based in Waltham, MA
Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide market intelligence and insights, critical thinking, and analytical rigor to US/ex-US commercialization activities and infrastructure build and new product planning
· Develop relationships and provide feedback mechanisms with HCPs, payers, and patients/caregivers, including advisory boards, market research, competitive intelligence, conferences, and other meeting venues
· Lead market research and analysis to inform and support decision making and cross-function teams, including sales, marketing, market access, medical affairs, commercial operations, and finance
· Work closely with sales, marketing, and market access teams to develop launch strategy and strategic plans
· Lead/support competitive intelligence activities to ensure alignment of key threats, milestones, assumptions, and planning activities across all functions within the company
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of data and deliverables
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders to support project implementations, business process changes, and operational consistency
· Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field. Advanced degree (MBA, MD, PhD) preferred
· 7+ years of experience working in Business Analytics/Intelligence or Marketing Planning within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions and data; to comprehend qualitative and quantitative methods to perform accurate analysis
· Experience managing patient and prescription data and data sources and relationships with data providers, sales partners, and vendors
· Ability to creatively think about different problems and devise pragmatic solutions to develop data into actionable information.
· Ability to work well with others and properly manage work with counterparts; Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to drive toward consensus
· Exceptional persuasive written/verbal communication and presentation skills. Willingness to present the facts and put forth hypothesis in the face of differing opinions
· Ability to adjust to changing needs within the organization and flexibility to change priorities as needed; Demonstrated values-based skills and strong work ethic
· Ability to consolidate and present key findings to relevant parties; Strong computer skills, notably Excel and PowerPoint skills and database manipulation.
Back to top