- Waltham, MA
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel peptide-drug conjugate that rapidly delivers a cytotoxic payload into tumor cells. Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma and is currently being tested in multiple clinical studies including the pivotal phase 2 HORIZON study and the ongoing phase 3 OCEAN study. Oncopeptides’ US headquarters is based in Waltham, MA with an office in Mountain View, CA, and global headquarters is in Stockholm, Sweden. The company is listed in the Mid Cap segment on Nasdaq Stockholm with the ticker ONCO.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective Executive Team and Board of Directors. Discover more about Oncopeptides at www.oncopeptides.com
We offer an outstanding culture and opportunity for personal and professional growth based on these key principles:
● a collaborative energized and fun work environment where people are empowered and supported in the achievement of their career goals
● a diverse and multi-disciplinary workforce
● dedicated and talented people who are passionate about achieving excellence in all they do
● a work environment that allows you to balance your priorities
● above all else, a commitment to the patients we serve
We are seeking a Corporate Controller to lead and oversee Oncopeptides finance and accounting functions. S/he will be responsible for financial reporting, accounting operations, financial systems and controls, and managing people and processes related to financial audits, tax compliance, and asset management.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing and scaling a finance organization for commercialization and organizational growth within the bio-pharmaceutical industry. S/he will possess strong leadership, management, and communication skills, ensuring that team members understand and respect functional goals, objectives, priorities, and timelines.
This position will report to the Head of Finance and IT and be located in the Waltham, MA office.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Ensure that the company has a strong financial infrastructure and internal controls required to
support continued growth.
● Oversee commercialization/ product launch accounting including revenue recognition and manage and scale the finance group for commercialization and organizational growth.
● Enhance and support a collaborative, innovative, and disciplined finance organization.
● Ensure the finance organization delivers timely financials in accordance with GAAP/IFRS.
● Ensure Oncopeptides has adequate, documented internal controls for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
● Manage quarter-end close timelines and ensure all parent company requirements are met.
● Oversee all aspects of cash flow, cost allocation, financial statements, consolidations, and assist FP&A manager with financial modeling and analysis.
● Manage overall accounting structure, methods, systems, operating procedures, and FASB requirements.
● Manage the audit process, including maintaining relationships with auditors and external advisors.
● Oversee tax strategy and implementation, including optimizing legal and capital structures, as well as filing all tax returns.
● Effectively manage financial operations, payroll, and accounts payable.
● Identify and implement opportunities for expense management and other cost-saving initiatives.
● Respond to reports issued by external auditors or internal auditors including the implementation of recommendations, as appropriate.
● Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements.
● Assist leadership in managing the fiscal discipline of their functions.
● Interact with key stakeholders including executive management, external auditors, parent company finance leaders
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
● 10+ years of progressive experience in managing finance and accounting functions.
● Experience in the life sciences industry preferably a mix of large and small company environments.
● Experience in managing the financial operations and reporting of a commercial biopharmaceutical company.
● Familiarity with the compliance requirements of a public company.
● Detailed knowledge of the SOX Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and an ability to drive the Company’s compliance with all relevant accounting and certification requirements.
● Strong technical acumen and well versed in U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS.
● Demonstrated decision-making ability, experience in managing budgets and proven resource management skills.
● Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross- functional team environment, fostering open communication, mutual understanding, and cooperation.
● Pragmatic, solution-oriented thinker who possesses a “can do” and “whatever it takes”
attitude, coupled with excellent organizational and communication skills.
● Hands-on approach with meticulous attention to detail.
● Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate during situational conflict and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view.
● Track record of collaboration, stakeholder relationship management, and influencing key decision-makers.
● Fluency with standard computer software packages preferably NetSuite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
Back to top