Web Designer – Visual Specialist
Omnigon is looking for an experienced professional who specializes in software development life cycle improvements to join their team.
Reporting to the Design & Creative Director, the Web Designer – Visual Specialist, will work on multiple facets of the Software Development Life Cycle.
The Web Designer – Visual Specialist will work closely with Omnigon’s web-development team to modify and create exquisite visual concepts for in-house projects. The Web Designer – Visual Specialist is responsible for documenting changes made in designs, presenting visual concepts to the development team, and identifying best practices to implement the solution. Finally, the Web Designer – Visual Specialist is also responsible for monitoring quality and providing feedback to satisfy project requirements.
- Ownership of the Omnigon Software Development Life Cycle. Oversees the product on the design side from beginning to end.
- Leadership of external developers combined with consensus based decision making on design implementation
- Documentation of business requirements in confluence.
- Create QA design tickets in Jira
- Understand project requirements, goals and objectives and translate them into visual designs
- Follow established creative frameworks of Omnigon to produce original designs
- Produce visual systems that follow Omnigon’s technical guidelines of what’s feasible within a particular software environment or framework
- Produce sample interaction models that demonstrates how visual presentation needs to take shape for software implementation
- 5+ years of visual design and computer science experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master’s degree is an asset;
- Experience using Opta raw data feed to collect data for visualizations;
- Expertise in web-designs, responsive designs, and mobile app designs;
- Familiarity with UX/UI designs;
- Understands how to design intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation;
- Strong conceptual thinker;
- Experience working in a professional services-based organization;
- Ability to update business requirements documents;
- Ability to communicate, and identify preferred workflow with the foreign studio development teams;
- Ability to update development tickets for QA;
- Strong communications skills;
- Fluency in a second language is an asset, but not a requirement of the position.
Business and Work Location:
- 67 Mowat Ave., Ste. 241, Toronto, Ontario M6K 3E3
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
- NOC 2175
Salary + Benefits:
- CAD$75,000-80,000.00 /year
- Comprehensive benefits package as per company policies
Eligible for bonuses and salary increases in accordance with
Back to top