Web Designer – Visual Specialist
Omnigon is looking for an experienced professional who specializes in software development life cycle improvements to join their team.
Reporting to the Design & Creative Director, the Web Designer – Visual Specialist, will work on multiple facets of the Software Development Life Cycle.
The Web Designer – Visual Specialist will work closely with Omnigon’s web-development team to modify and create exquisite visual concepts for in-house projects. The Web Designer – Visual Specialist is responsible for documenting changes made in designs, presenting visual concepts to the development team, and identifying best practices to implement the solution. Finally, the Web Designer – Visual Specialist is also responsible for monitoring quality and providing feedback to satisfy project requirements.
- Ownership of the Omnigon Software Development Life Cycle. Oversees the product on the design side from beginning to end.
- Leadership of external developers combined with consensus based decision making on design implementation
- Documentation of business requirements in confluence.
- Create QA design tickets in Jira
- Understand project requirements, goals and objectives and translate them into visual designs
- Follow established creative frameworks of Omnigon to produce original designs
- Produce visual systems that follow Omnigon’s technical guidelines of what’s feasible within a particular software environment or framework
- Produce sample interaction models that demonstrates how visual presentation needs to take shape for software implementation
- 5+ years of visual design and computer science experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master’s degree is an asset;
- Experience using Opta raw data feed to collect data for visualizations;
- Expertise in web-designs, responsive designs, and mobile app designs;
- Familiarity with UX/UI designs;
- Understands how to design intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation;
- Strong conceptual thinker;
- Experience working in a professional services-based organization;
- Ability to update business requirements documents;
- Ability to communicate, and identify preferred workflow with the foreign studio development teams;
- Ability to update development tickets for QA;
- Strong communications skills;
- Fluency in a second language is an asset, but not a requirement of the position.
Business and Work Location:
- 67 Mowat Ave., Ste. 241, Toronto, Ontario M6K 3E3
Terms of Employment:
- Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
- NOC 2175
Salary + Benefits:
- CAD$75,000-80,000.00 /year
- Comprehensive benefits package as per company policies
Eligible for bonuses and salary increases in accordance with
Meet Some of Omnigon's Employees
Director, Sports Products
Nick spearheads Omnigon's Sports Product Division. He launches sports and entertainment products and onboards current and prospective clients—customizing software solutions to each client's needs.
Back to top