Technical Implementation Specialist
As a Technical Implementations Specialist, you will work with our clients to migrate, develop or modernize applications on public and private clouds and manage dev/test/prod-ops environments. Our development team is full of SWANs; Smart, Willing, Able and Nice people. Together, we grow and continuously learn to deliver better products. Our engineers are key to automating and building operational tools to ease infrastructure provisioning, monitoring and scaling. They improve our deployments, release processing, and system performance.
Omnigon builds sites, apps, and systems for some of the biggest teams and brands in the world, many of whom operate 24/7. Because we work tirelessly to support our clients, there are times when we put in late night and weekend hours.
The Technical Implementations Team provides the technical expertise in evaluations and implementations of client needs. The Implementations team works in conjunction with the DevOps Engineers and Developers to implement software solutions using standard analysis methodologies and tools. This includes developing configurations that support business processes and product parameters, planning and executing delivery and implementation plans, and testing/troubleshooting final system setups. Creating a bridge between the technical teams and management, the Technical Implementations team is responsible for evaluating and documenting project outcomes, technical procedures, customer satisfaction, and customer concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements standards, guidelines, strategies and processes to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of information technology that is aligned to the departmental business development
- Liaises with internal and external clients and other departments in respect to information on the development of information technology plans and supporting information technology arrangements
- Provides proactive resolutions to developing problems, and suggests modifications that may result in a permanent fix to a problem
- Initiates and ensures clear support communication with third party providers from procurement to support and product outages
- Oversees and / or undertakes system integration using complex and diverse tool sets; Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Maintains an environment in which high quality services are delivered through fostering adherence to the quality system documentation; Continually seeks improvements in the way in which work is undertaken
- Works closely with Developers, Systems Engineers, and Professional Services team members to support customers and their vision and growth strategies; supports customers on live events, and software releases.
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skill-set and problem-solving capabilities; Ability to follow and devise troubleshooting methodologies
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel; ability to listen, clarify and respond well to questions
- Interpersonal skills to work as a team member and as a liaison with internal and external customers
- Possesses a passion for teamwork, client service and reaching business results through problem solving
- Available for 24x7 on-call support, software releases/ deployments and monthly service weekend activities.
- Experience with mobile technologies and platforms
- Ability to operate and make timely decisions in an ambiguous, fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to take initiative to meet challenges with resourcefulness and new innovative approaches while maintaining a high level of quality
- Experience working with hands with developers through the entire product lifecycle from development, deployment, and support.
- Experience with Linux or Unix environments; working with DevOps teams, AWS stacks and cloud tools
- Experience working with CDN services
- Experience with scalable, multi-server, multi-database application development
- Experience in developing / troubleshooting Java or equivalent
Omnigon is a team of digital strategists, artists and technologists working exclusively in digital content delivery in the sports, media and entertainment industries. Since its founding in 2008, Omnigon has established itself as a market leader, focused on helping clients achieve returns on the strategic, creative and technical investments they’ve made. Omnigon, headquartered in New York and with offices in Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Kiev and St. Petersburg, works with celebrated, global brands including PGA TOUR, AS Roma, NASCAR, World Rugby, Arsenal FC, Little League International, the United States Golf Association (USGA), FOX Sports, Miami Heat and countless others.
- Work in a friendly, energetic atmosphere
- Weekly Fresh Direct delivery; fully stocked pantry
- Coffee and espresso bar
- Competitive salary, benefits and yearly bonus
Back to top