Senior Java Server Engineer
Omnigon is looking for Senior Java engineers to work on the back end for a huge sports brand. The scalability of this project is perhaps the most interesting part. There are hundreds of millions of unique users of people using the product. The products are visible on the web, mobile applications, and TV boxes. The size of the solution, the number of users, and the revenue of the project will provide exposure to problems and technologies not found in your average system.
Based in LA, work from home, with the occasional day in the office (Culver City).
- 4+ years of experience with Java
- Java 8 experience
- Experience with Spring Framework, extra points if you have used Spring 4
- Experience building Restful Web Services
- Strong OOD/OOP skills and experience applying design patterns
- Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Solid knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of advanced Java topics including multi-threading, synchronization and debugging memory allocations of Java applications
- Experience with scalable, multi-server, multi-database application development
- Familiarity with version control and issue tracking systems (e.g. GIT and Jira)
- A team player with excellent communications skills, energy, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Test Frameworks (Junit, TestNG)
- Strong written and spoken English
Nice to know, experience with the following:
- Apache Camel
- Spring Boot
- Reactive Java (RxJava)
- Ability to work 80% remote (but must live in SouthernCalifornia)
- Competitive salary with regular pay and yearly bonus
Omnigon is a team of digital strategists, artists and technologists working exclusively in digital content delivery in the sports, media and entertainment industries. Since its founding in 2008, Omnigon has established itself as a market leader, focused on helping clients achieve returns on the strategic, creative and technical investments they’ve made. Omnigon, headquartered in New York and with offices in Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Kiev and St. Petersburg, works with celebrated, global brands including PGA TOUR, AS Roma, NASCAR, World Rugby, Arsenal FC, Little League International, the United States Golf Association (USGA), FOX Sports, Miami Heat and countless others.
Back to top