Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Omnigon is seeking an experienced Lead QA Engineer who can lead QA teams to plan, strategize, implement, manage and deliver quality for web & mobile applications for our clients, leaders in the sports, media and entertainment industries.
This position reports to the Director of Quality, who is based out of New York, USA.
Job duties and responsibilities:
The Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (Lead) is the executive manager of quality assurance on a given project. The Lead will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Charged with delivering quality on a software project;
- Creates test plans for given digital projects;
- Selects and manages staff to carry out test plans;
- Leads a team that includes both manual testers and automated engineers;
- Executes and troubleshoots automation failures; and,
- Collaborates with the Tech Lead, the Project Manager and Client manager to identify project risks, devise project timelines, and communicate status internally and to the client.
- 7-9+ years of QA experience;
- 4+ years in QA management;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related field is required;
- Experience managing distributed teams across the globe;
- In-depth knowledge of professional golf and international golfing tournaments;
- Prior experience leading global QA teams on million dollar web and mobile projects;
- Able to identify the benefits and risks to QA solutions and devise solutions appropriate for different projects;
- Ability to lead both automation and manual testing efforts;
- Ability to execute and troubleshoot automation failures in Cucumber, JAVA, and BeHat;
- Experience using Web debugging proxy tools (Charles Proxy/Fiddler) to inspect HTTP traffic and analyse incoming/outgoing data;
- Experience in using cloud-based log management tools like Sumo Logic for troubleshooting and analytics purposes;
- Experience using New Relic for monitoring web and mobile application performance;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Agile/Scrum best practices;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain software using patterns and industry best practices;
- Experience with revision control systems;
- A relentless passion for software quality.
Omnigon is a team of digital strategists, artists and technologists working exclusively in digital content delivery in the sports, media and entertainment industries. Since its founding in 2008, Omnigon has established itself as a market leader, focused on helping clients achieve returns on the strategic, creative and technical investments they’ve made. Omnigon, headquartered in New York and with offices in Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Kiev and St. Petersburg, works with celebrated, global brands including PGA TOUR, AS Roma, NASCAR, World Rugby, Arsenal FC, Little League International, the United States Golf Association (USGA), FOX Sports, Miami Heat and countless others.
67 Mowat Avenue, Ste. 241, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3E3
Between $80,000 and $120,000 CAD per annum (40 hours per week)
Full Time, Permanent
Work in a friendly and energetic, atmosphere
Coffee and Espresso bar
Company benefits and yearly bonus
How to Apply
Please apply online here: http://www.omnigon.com/careers/lead-quality-assurance-engineer
Meet Some of Omnigon's Employees
Director, Sports Products
Nick spearheads Omnigon's Sports Product Division. He launches sports and entertainment products and onboards current and prospective clients—customizing software solutions to each client's needs.
Back to top