Full Stack Engineer
Omnigon is looking for a Full Stack Engineer who will be leading a large, diverse development team executing complex engagements. Please note: This is a managerial role and is required to be onsite in Santa Monica. This role will be heavily focused on aligning and partnering with the client in this engagement. This person is responsible for working with other engineering managers to identify appropriate approach and architecture, supplying cost-benefit analysis and proposing alternative solutions as needed. The ideal Full Stack Engineer is as comfortable at the helm as he/she is down in the weeds. Some hands-on programming can be expected.
Omnigon builds sites, apps, and systems for some of the biggest teams and brands in the world, many of whom operate 24/7. Because we work tirelessly to support our clients, there are times when we put in late night and weekend hours.
Skills & Experience
- 7-10 years experience developing and leading large technology teams and engagements in an agency environment
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
- Strong communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to provide strong leadership and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Willingness to be 50% hands on coding
- Experience in reactive programming (RxJava)
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Experience in cloud-based applications (preferably AWS based)
- Experience in open source technologies (specifically from Apache, Netflix and Facebook)
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience building fault tolerant and high availability systems
- Expert knowledge of server side application frameworks Node.js, Rails
- Experience building Restful Web Services Knowledge of database architecture and design
- Solid knowledge of standard algorithms and data structures.
- Strong OOD/OOP skills and experience applying modern design patterns
- Solid knowledge of Linux Solid knowledge of Java/J2EE Programming experience
- Troubleshooting through resolution of technical issues and system errors
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Client Relations
- Ability to participate in business requirements gathering and effectively translate them into technical requirements and strategic architecture and design
- Ability to inspire the confidence of and communicate effectively with all levels of the client, from the business side to the technology side
- Nice to have
- Sports knowledge and interest
Omnigon is a digital consulting firm that delivers strategic, technical and creative guidance and solutions to leaders in the sports, media and entertainment industries. Companies turn to us when they need to meet specific digital goals, but are not entirely sure the best way to achieve them. We strive to deliver groundbreaking products that strengthen the digital experiences of our partners’ brands, enabling them to continually foster meaningful conversations and relationships with their audiences. Headquartered in New York, and with offices in Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Kiev and St. Petersburg, Omnigon is a growing multinational, multicultural company.
- Work in a friendly and energetic, atmosphere
- Weekly Fresh Direct delivery; fully stocked pantry
- Coffee and Espresso bar
- Competitive salary, benefits and yearly bonus
Meet Some of Omnigon's Employees
Director, Sports Products
Nick spearheads Omnigon's Sports Product Division. He launches sports and entertainment products and onboards current and prospective clients—customizing software solutions to each client's needs.
Back to top