Ogilvy Washington is seeking a passionate Video Producer to join the Content + Social team. The Video Producer will manage all facets of pre-production, production and post-production for various digital projects, (film, animation, photography, audio, etc.) across multiple clients and will oversee all budgets and contracts on a day-to-day basis.
You should possess exceptional project management, problem-solving, negotiation, and communication skills; and work well in teams as well as with clients.
You should have a good eye for exceptional creative and a strong drive to continually be informed as to what is current and trending in this field.
- Manage all stages of digital media production from development to pre-production, production and post-production, and work with production partners on budgets, from bidding process and generation of estimates, through final cost reconciliation
- Work with account and functional leads to develop and manage scopes of work and budgets varying in size from small one-off projects to small- to mid-size projects that are part of large integrated campaigns with minimal support and oversight from senior producers
- Network with and source production companies, directors, editors, music, etc.
- Introduce creative team to new talent
- Plan video shoots; hire crew and talent, scout, select and reserve locations, reserve and rent equipment, make transportation arrangements, and ensure all production needs are met
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in digital, video and animation and share with team members
- Teach/mentor junior producer staff about video production
- Experience working with both union and non-union talent
- Help manage client relationships including presenting work to clients
- Manage and deliver multiple projects on fast-paced timelines.
- Help guide creative process throughout production process
- Manage vendor relationships including contract negotiations.
- Manage ad hoc special projects as needed
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects at a time, while meeting deadlines and following strict budgets
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive in fast-paced environment
- Must be a proactive self-starter who excels at facilitating and navigating shoot preparation/production and post production processes
- Experience working with Government contracts, a plus
- Experience creating Public Service Announcements (PSAs), a plus
- Ability to work with both Windows and Apple environments as needed
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with creative, strategy, accounts, HR, and finance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Effective working both independently and as a team member; demonstrates autonomy over assigned work while working towards goals shared by the team.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A quick learning, curious, problem solver with a passion for bringing digital and social media projects to our clients.
- Seeks out and is receptive to feedback. Learns from and applies feedback by making suggested improvements and adjustments in work performance.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to be client facing.
- Creative and/or interactive agency experience is strongly preferred.
- BA/BS required.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience
- Share a reel or examples of video production work
Preferred Technical Skills:
(The following skills are not required, but a plus)
- Sound production
- Broadcast TV experience
- Multi-camera production experience
- Experience with motion graphics and visual effects in Adobe After Effects or similar
- Color correction
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top