Vice President- Media Relations
The Chicago office of Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a highly skilled, accomplished Public Relations professional with 8+ years of strategic Business Media Relations experience in a PR agency setting. Candidates must have strong client management, writing and superior presentation skills with the ability to manage multiple national and local PR assignments.
The VP will be responsible for the development and execution of Media strategy. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to financially manage large accounts, including experience accurately forecasting budgets and keeping projects on schedule. Must be a strategic thinker and a results-oriented leader.
A vice president counsels at senior levels, analyzes and solves problems, develops programs, oversees the development and delivery of high-quality work products, plays a significant business development role, develops people and manages budgets, billing and other financial performance requirements.
Responsibilities and Qualification:
- 8+ years corporate communications experience with an emphasis on media skills
- Top tier business media experience at national level
- Recent PR agency experience
- Strategic and creative
- Strong Media Contacts
- Previous experience working on large national,global accounts
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and maintain composure under constant deadline pressure
- Ability to gather information and insights from internal and external teams and use them to develop effective communications strategies and supporting tactics
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for agency teams and client teams, including integration between public relations and digital marketing groups
- Highly skilled writer
- Experience developing and leading presentation to senior management inside and outside the agency
- Experience in account management: team lead, client lead. Creating and managing budgets
- Strong appetite for pursuing new business
- Bachelors degree
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2013, for the second consecutive year, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index. Ogilvy was also named Best Digital Consultancy in the World, Most Creative Agency and Best South-East Agency by the Holmes Report. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr
Back to top