Vice President, Media Relations
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an accomplished, media-savvy Public Relations professional with 8-10+ years experience to join our media influence practice. Our Vice President will function as a leader on the team, managing a large pieces of business and serving as media relations and account lead across multiple accounts. She/he will be an emerging company leader, demonstrating high-level professional knowledge and skills at both the strategic and tactical level, taking an active role in media relations. She/he should have project management, budgeting, counseling, programming, writing and people management skills. Our Vice President must also possess the ability to deliver and grow new and existing business and possess a strong track record of managing PR account teams that deliver superior results.
Our vice president will counsel at senior levels and oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work. S/he will play a significant account and business development role, as well as a leadership and mentor role on the team.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Partners with our Managing Director and key internal stakeholders to ensure management and delivery of client expectations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with top tier media contacts, playing an active role in media relations execution and strategy
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Leverages full resources of the firm and ensures the development of increased client/agency points of contact.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and clients.
- Leads in articulating and applying agency vision and resources.
- Counsels at a senior level of client contact with minimal top cover and develops strategic solutions.
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products.
- Routinely displays strong people management and development skills.
- Is able to anticipate problems or issues and respond accordingly.
- Presents in an effective and persuasive manner.
- Manages budget development and monitoring of financial performance.
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections and shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency growth/profitability.
- Attends and assists in preparing regular account "check-ups" with clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next period.
- Leads growth of existing accounts.
- Develops and directs new business program development and presentations.
The successful candidate will have 8-10+ years of relevant experience (agency experience a must) and proven ability to financially manage large accounts, including experience accurately forecasting budgets and keeping projects on schedule. Must a results-oriented leader with a strategic mindset, coupled with willingness to "roll up sleeves" for effective results.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top