Vice President, Media Influence
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an accomplished, media-savvy Public Relations professional with 8-10+ years experience to join our media influence practice. Our Vice President will report directly to Jennifer Risi, Global Chief Communications Officer and Managing Director, Ogilvy Media Influence to lead a media influencer program for a key client [top Fortune 500 company]. This program will be part a broader integrated brand initiative with our colleagues in the broader Ogilvy family. She/he must demonstrate confidence, high-level skills at both the strategic and tactical level and ability to secure high-level media coverage. She/he should have project management, budgeting, counseling, programming, writing and client management skills. Our Vice President must also possess the ability to drive new business efforts and possess a strong track record of managing PR account teams that deliver superior results.
A vice president counsels at senior levels, analyzes and solves problems, develops programs, oversees the development and delivery of high-quality work products, plays a significant business development role, develops people and manages budgets, billing and other financial performance requirements.
A vice president meets the following responsibilities and expectations:
- Partners with our Managing Director and key internal stakeholders to ensure management and delivery of client expectations
- Establishes and maintains relationships with top tier media contacts, playing an active role in media relations execution and strategy
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, timelines and budgets.
- Acts with a high degree of independence; holds responsibility for overall account relationships.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing existing accounts.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Leverages full resources of the firm and ensures the development of increased client/agency points of contact.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and clients.
- Leads in articulating and applying agency vision and resources.
- Provides leadership in driving a positive work culture and is positive role model and mentor for others.
- Counsels at a senior level of client contact with minimal top cover and develops strategic solutions.
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products.
- Routinely displays strong people management and development skills.
- Is able to anticipate problems or issues and respond accordingly.
- Presents in an effective and persuasive manner.
- Has knowledge of contractual agreements and their impact on agency procedures.
- Manages budget development and monitoring of financial performance.
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections and shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency growth/profitability.
- Attends and assists in preparing regular account “check-ups” with clients; presents accomplishments and plans for next period.
- Meets billability targets established for the vice president position, and ensures the team does the same.
- Leads growth of existing accounts.
- Develops and directs new business program development and presentations.
- Delivers strong analyses, strategy and concepts to new program development.
- Participates in professional or other relevant organizations to build awareness of the firm.
- Identifies and leads the pursuit of new business opportunities within and across company offices and practice areas.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of relevant experience (agency experience a must) and proven ability to financially manage large accounts, including experience accurately forecasting budgets and keeping projects on schedule. Must a results-oriented leader with a strategic mindset, coupled with willingness to “roll up sleeves” for effective results.
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is a leading global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. In its 30th year, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its consumer marketing, corporate, healthcare, technology, public affairs, social marketing and entertainment practices. The agency also offers biotechnology and government affairs expertise through its subsidiaries Feinstein Kean Healthcare and Ogilvy Government Relations, respectively. Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is part of the WPP Group, one of the world’s largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com
Please be sure to include a resume, cover letter and your current salary information. We will only respond to those candidates whose resumes fit the qualifications described above and whom we have an interest in interviewing. No phone calls please. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
Back to top