Vice President, Healthcare
Ogilvy Public Relations is currently seeking a seasoned healthcare PR professional to join our growing practice. Our ideal candidate is skilled at providing excellent client services. As a VP, you are expected to manage programs and accounts independently and effectively, with little top cover from a senior vice president. VP's analyze and solve clients problems, develop programs, oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products, play a significant business development role, develop people and manage budgets, billing and other financial performance requirements. We are looking for a talent with a passion for healthcare with a blend of data/regulatory/milestone, issues communications, and consumer education skills.
- Maintains relationships with key client contacts and ensures that client/agency relationships exist on multiple levels and grow over time; develop and manages projects and programs, including strategies implementations plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, timelines and budgets; develops programs; oversees development of budgets and timelines; develops and deliver client presentations; ensures management of client expectations.
- Responsible for managing and developing a team; provides timely feedback on job performance to the team; identifies growth opportunities for staff and ensure direct reports understand expectations and promotion criteria; ensures clear direction in a supportive environment
- Media outreach: Maintains relationships with key media (traditional and non-traditional); ensures pitches are strategic and executed appropriately.
- Drafts high-level communications, including presentations, opinion pieces, client memos; ensures all written materials and correspondence are strategic and meet the client's and account's objectives.
- Manages budget development and monitor financial performance of all project budgets, ensuring that fee and OOP spending stay within scope; responsible for developing and meeting monthly and annual projections.
- Minimum of eight to ten (8-10) year experience in health communications, including experience developing and managing partnerships; preferably in an agency setting.
- Ability to provide a strategic perspective on projects that require an understanding of both public health, health services research, and marketing communications.
- Proven success in managing a large, multi-faceted accounts, including experience forecasting budgets and keeping projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to set priorities, develop work plans, and monitor progress.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects, turn projects around quickly, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working on multi-faceted campaigns with community relations and partnership development components.
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining successful client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a diverse account team.
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree a plus.
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2013, for the second consecutive year, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index. Ogilvy was also named Best Digital Consultancy in the World, Most Creative Agency and Best South-East Agency by the Holmes Report. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top