Vice President - Creative Technology
Ogilvy's Center for Innovation and Creative Technology is seeking a highly driven creative thinker and doer to join and help grow its Creative Technology team.
As a VP of Creative Technology at Ogilvy Washington, you will help develop new product offerings, seek out and pursue new business opportunities, develop creative solutions for technical challenges for responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and existing clients, and help grow the team.
The VP of Creative Technology will provide subject matter expertise in conversations surrounding effective uses of cutting edge technology by creating new and impactful interactive experiences and products. You will work closely with clients, account teams, creative, and producers, working across a wide variety of languages and technologies including web, mobile apps, AR, VR, and IoT.
We pride ourselves on being able to work on projects with huge impact that span the private and government sectors. You aren't just helping clients sling product, you'll help them change the world – whether it be working on projects that encourage behavior change, helping improve customer experience, or creating empathy through immersive storytelling.
- Experience in managing, designing, or building production-quality websites
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and experience building and maintaining production websites in content management systems (CMS)
- Conducting code reviews
- Prototyping iOS and Android apps, web apps, Raspberry Pi apps, Arduino Apps
- Learning new programming languages, platforms, and mediums
- Facilitates and coordinates system changes as needed in support of business changes or other IT changes, such as a system upgrade.
- Regular contributor to open source projects
- Active participant in thought leadership and the tech community (i.e., meetups, knowledge sharing, conferences)
- Developing relationships and building trust with clients and co-workers to become the go-to person for questions about cutting-edge technologies and how to best use them
- Attending and contributing to pitch presentations in front of new client stakeholders
- Sourcing and establishing relationships with vendors and engaging and managing them as needed for various projects
- Teaching, training, and mentoring clients and co-workers
- Motivating and generating effective action from all levels of the organization
- Eating bagels on Bagel Monday
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Experience Design, Software Development, Product Management or professional equivalent or certification
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role
- 2+ years of management experience leading small to medium-sized teams
- Proven success in driving business for new and existing clients through creative technology solutions, including developing new product offerings
- Possesses comprehensive business and technical knowledge and organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high visibility and high impact on the business.
- Ability to quickly handle shifting priorities and work towards agreed upon goals and target dates.
- Demonstrated ability working with and integrating multiple internal and/or external teams including outside technology and consulting design/technology agencies.
- Experience in system design, development, testing & implementation phases within both agile & waterfall methodologies.
- Demonstrate excellence in analytical and communication skills, as well as influencing broad technical discussions and decisions at all management levels.
- Participating actively in the DC tech community
- Insatiable desire for learning new things and new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong multi-tasking skills
- Previous experience at an agency, a plus
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top