Vice President, Corporate Practice
The Corporate Practice of New York office of Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a highly driven and accomplished Public Relations professional with a minimum of 10 years of corporate and B2B PR experience to lead a major account. Candidates must have strong client management and presentation skills, strong media relations and social media expertise, and the ability to manage multiple domestic and global PR assignments while collaborating seamlessly across a matrix organization.
The successful candidate will be a true team player who masters the art of collaboration, and will have PR agency experience with a proven ability to manage large accounts through superior client servicing and project management skills. The VP will play a fundamental role in the growth of the practice and the development of the team.
As a vice president the candidate will counsel at senior levels, analyze and solve problems, develop programs, oversee the development and delivery of high-quality work products, play a significant business development role, develop people and manage budgets.
A vice president meets the following responsibilities and expectations:
Ensures management of client expectations.
- Develops and manages projects and programs, including strategies, implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, timelines and budgets.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key client contacts and ensures that client/agency relationships exist on multiple levels and grow over time.
- Leverages full resources of the firm and ensures the development of increased client/agency points of contact.
- In managing account trams ensures that work is delegated to the appropriate experience levels within the team structure.
- Provides proactive leadership to accounts, staff and clients.
- Provides leadership in driving a positive work culture.
- Is a positive role model and mentor for others in the firm.
- Counsels at a senior level of client contact with minimal top cover and develops strategic solutions to client problems.
- Integrates social into core programming.
- Displays strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Is able to anticipate problems or issues and respond accordingly.
- Cultivates marketable body of functional or subject matter expertise.
- Has knowledge of contractual agreements and their impact on agency procedures.
- Manages budget development and monitoring of financial performance.
- Contributes to development of company revenue projections and shares responsibility for building and managing accounts for agency growth/profitability.
- Completes timesheets daily and otherwise acts in accordance with company policies and procedures and ensures the same for the team.
- Meets billability targets established for the vice president position, and ensures the team does the same.
- Leads growth of existing accounts.
- Develops and directs new business program development and presentations.
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2013, for the second consecutive year, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index. Ogilvy was also named Best Digital Consultancy in the World, Most Creative Agency and Best South-East Agency by the Holmes Report. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr
Back to top