Technology Support Specialist - Media
A. Eicoff & Company is a full-service advertising agency and division of Ogilvy & Mather focused on direct response broadcast media. Founded in 1958 by Alvin Eicoff and located in downtown Chicago on Michigan Avenue. Our specialty is providing media, creative and consulting services related to short-form direct response television. We pride ourselves in fostering a positive work/life balance.
TSS – The position exists to co-ordinate the daily support and maintenance of the organization’s information and media systems. The MSS acts as a technical adviser to the staff and is key in the research and testing of new technology and upgrades to media systems. In the absence of the IT Director, the MSS takes responsibility for the support needs of the organization.
The major facets to the role include:
- Customer Service and high availability.
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Presenting information in a manner that is both easy for a lay-person to understand and quantitatively sound.
- To manage and co-ordinate the operation of Eicoffs IT and Media systems. This include ensuring adequate resources to provide prompt support along with ensuring staff is skilled and properly trained in the applications and system in use. The incumbent works with Senior Management in establishing service levels and is responsible for ensuring the service desk performs at these levels.
- The MSS will be responsible for original research and analysis that provides insights and adds value to the agency.
- Helping other use research/media tools.
- Working with key staff to perform upgrades on Media systems.
- Working with 3rd parties to track progress and outstanding issues.
- Assist with IBM incidents that are stale and work with liaison at Coretech to streamline.
- Working directly with Media group to solve technical problems and documenting each issue to expand our knowledge base.
- Work with IT Director to learn the fundamentals of Eicoff.com development.
- Keep inventory up to date.
- 5-7 year experience in similar/applicable position or marketing research-oriented degree.
- Bachelor Degree in Quantitative or Technical Field. Marketing/Advertising experience is a plus but not required.
- Superior Excel spreadsheet skills (sorting data, pivot tables, graphs, macros).
- IT related background customer support.
In-depth knowledge and support capability of the following:
- Applications: Core Media, Advantage, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SmartSuite, ADP, Hyperion, Strata.
- Networking: TCP/IP, AppleTalk, CISCO IOS
- Operating System: Macintosh, OS X, MS Windows
- Utilities: Software distribution utilities
- Hardware: PC architecture, MAC Architecture, Server Architecture, Network/Security Architecture
Back to top