The Technology team at Ogilvy NY is behind a wide range of digital marketing work, from campaigns to long-term engagement platforms and everything in between. From multiscreen experiences such as Coke Zero Drinkable Advertising, to major website and platform development, and experimental work such as TypeVoice.net, or more recently, the first Interactive Dance Party in collaboration with Daybreaker, our Technology Managers help set the technical vision and direction on a wide array of large-scale creative, digital, mobile, and platform development work for our premier client brands.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing technical architecture on client projects, determining resource allocation, and being involved in ideation for execution of the client's vision. You'll manage an interactive development team and lead by example, architecting solutions, setting and evolving development policies and standards as technology evolves, performing code reviews, and mentoring/training team members, all while maintaining the technical proficiency to step into the trenches of coding and development if necessary in order to meet deadlines. You will report directly to the Executive Director of Technology, and liaise between client-based and in-house technology teams, project & account managers and other business units, with a focus on pinpointing the intersection between technical, business, and creative goals, and the team's capabilities in an effort to create immersive, unforgettable experiences for the client and end-user.
If you have deep application development experience across a wide variety of languages and technologies, the ability to inspire and direct a team of talented, forward-thinking technologists, and are ready to take on tremendous responsibility for managing the build and development of some of the most exciting digital and interactive projects our tech teams will work on, from concept to completion, we'd love to have you join us!
- Time split between management and development
- Architect solutions for scale, complexity, security and fault tolerance
- Manage a team of software developers responsible for developing software that meet established standards
- Mentor projects through their full life cycle
- Contribute to setting policies and standards for interactive development team
- Enforce and improve coding standards through solution and code reviews
- Anticipate, identify, and articulate problem areas and work with others to devise solutions
- Facilitate software product development with multi-disciplinary teams
- Train and guide other developers
- On the development side, work with a high degree of independence on projects, contributing to both design and implementation
- Drive data servers to their potential with suitable middle-ware and front-end strategies to deal with scale, complexity, and failures
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent
- A great attitude, a sense of humor, and a strong sense of being a team-player
- 7+ years of software and application development experience, preferably working primarily within a .Net environment with C#
- Experience with PHP, Python, Node.js, &/or open-source languages is a big plus
- Good experience managing &/or mentoring application developers (formally or informally)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical internal clients and team members
- Strong experience with software design patterns, system architecture, service-oriented architecture, and building API's
- Strong database skills, preferably with SQL &/or MySQL, and database optimization concepts
- Experience/familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Sitecore - Drupal/Acquia or Adobe AEM is a plus
- Experience writing shared and reusable components of code, and designing and tuning applications that can scale
- Ability and preferably a general affinity for learning new technology
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top