Studio Sr. Motion Designer
- New York, NY
We are looking for an exceptional Motion Designer to join our Dynamic Content Studio – a close-knit team of creatives working together as a collective to create fresh, bold, distinctive and breakthrough Social content. This unique opportunity offers the chance to work in close collaboration with the strategic and creative teams of Ogilvy, and with some of the best social & content experts in the industry. Your mission: to conceptualize and develop unique and disruptive ideas that are Social at heart and create best-in-class content for Social programs or integrated campaigns.
- Ambitious and hungry – ready to take on a huge challenge.
- In love with your work and passionate about your craft.
- You have the ability to work on a broad range of creative tactics.
- A new wave creative: dreamer, doer, maker.
- Crazy enough to think you can change the industry.
- A team player.
A Motion Designer is a conceptual and visual architect of brand experiences, working with a Copywriter being responsible for executing the creative and marketing strategy for all assigned projects. The Graphic Designer is skilled at developing a variety of concepts and brand-appropriate visual styles, for a wide array of target audiences.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate excellent taste and experience in art direction, graphic design, video editing and typography. Motion Designers possess visual and verbal skills and are capable presenters. They collaborate actively with a multi-disciplinary project team as well as outside partners. Essential to this role is staying current with category trends, social, cultural, and media trends and experiences, and being a passionate advocate for great design. We are looking for someone that can create visually stunning work with craft of the highest level when developing original Social content.
- Take the lead in conceptualizing a campaign, assets or other social and digital solutions
- Execute best-in-class Social content by applying never-seen-before treatments and concepts to dynamic assets
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with designers, strategists, copywriters and Client Servicing counterparts. .
- Be in touch with both the “big picture” and the nitty-gritty details of a project or campaign.
- Establishes visual style and user experiences that will effectively communicate with target and fulfill communication objectives.
- Responsible for the proper placement, context and meaning of every visual element within a creative assignment.
- Stays current with industry/advertising trends, and applies them strategically.
- Works daily with the Project Manager to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
- Participates in brainstorms as required.
- Assists in developing concepts and presentation materials for business development projects.
- Ability to work with, creative direct, set the vision and guide motion designers, illustrators and editors to ensure the vision is brought to life
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve Content Studio offerings.
- Articulate a clear POV on adapting existing brand guidelines to Social and ideate ways to breathe new life into brands and campaigns in the Social space.
- Stay abreast with global cultural trends and industry updates, and proactively develop timely ideas for relevant brands
- 6+ years of relevant professional
- Expert knowledge of standard design software (Adobe tools, Mac platform, etc.)
- Creative portfolio demonstrating scope of creative capabilities, with a focus on digital design, art direction, and fresh digital media projects.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking
- Passion for learning and self-improvement
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Positive attitude
- Demonstrated typography skills
- Experience leading multi-channel work from ideation through execution.
- Experience leading teams and creating independently
- Action oriented with ability to prioritize and drive results.
- Adaptable and able to handle changes in briefs, priorities and edits
- Proven highly versatile creative concepting, design, and art direction skills.
Back to top