Social Media Manager (Team Lead)
If you spend more time on your social channels than sleeping, have the aptitude for copywriting and are equipped with a keen mind to troubleshoot any problems that come your way, you are the one.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager – Team Lead to join our ranks of problem-solvers.
What is the scope of the role?
You will be part of the Ogilvy team that supports launching of exciting campaigns for our clients made up of Fortune 500 brands, NGOs, start-ups, government organisations and more. You’ll be leading the communication with consumers on social platforms and participate in exciting new business development. More importantly, you have a voice that will be heard.
Through your dexterity of the social media landscape, you will work with our Social Media Manager closely to support growth and engagement across all social channels on behalf of our clients. Your creativity and initiative to progress strategically will allow you to learn, develop and execute comprehensive social media marketing programs.
You will be required to lead, implement and maintain online social campaigns, as well as support on the wider strategy and planning for the growth of the online communities. You will be in contact with consumers through clients’ social channels, developing and implementing community strategies, managing community conversations and fostering community spirit.
What you’ll do:
- Accountability for the day-to-day execution and financial management of assigned accounts.
- Brief creative and planning team, and assisting with the formulation of marketing strategies;
- Attend and facilitate (as appropriate) all status meetings, client meetings and client calls.
- Participate in marketing planning and execution of operational/tactical aspects of campaigns.
- Monitor both client and agency budgets, including oversight of campaign costs.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns;
- Act as a liaison between all departments and the client to ensure a timely completion of projects.
Manage Content creation and calendars
- Master brand content calendar creation
- Content writing + creative briefings & ideation
- Content strategies which includes platform/trend/market/competitor research
Oversee Platform management
- Ownership of managing clients’ social platforms independently – Primarily Facebook, Instagram
- Optimise social strategy implementation based on regular insights gained from social media analytics
- Manage communities on Facebook, Instagram and other applicable social media channels
- Plan, compose and create content calendars to engage brand communities across channels
- Follow social processes and guidelines set by client’s social and community strategy
- Conduct qualitative competitive analysis on clients and competitors’ social activity
- Develop a broad understanding of reporting metrics to help improve and strengthen community management activity and social content development
- Regularly review client’s competitors to benchmark social activity and broaden understanding of social landscape
- Formulate monthly/quarterly analytical reports to better overall implementation of social strategy
- Develop and implement digital communication strategies and execution of comprehensive social media marketing plans and programs to support client objectives, including setup and execution within social channels
- Learn the role of social advertising / paid media and the strategies behind them
- Support the development of creative campaigns of all scales, from mini on-page competitions to support of on-ground activity
What you can expect from us
You can expect to be held to what is written here. You can expect to have candid and clear discussions with the line managers on performance on the business. You can expect to work hard and play hard too. You are assured that you will have access to the network and leadership as you acclimatize yourself to our ecosystem and grow. In return we expect nothing less than 100% commitment to the team and what we’re trying to build.
Back to top