Social Media Analyst
Ogilvy & MatherChicago’s [email protected] team is searching for a Social Media Analyst – someonewho loves connecting social data with business results, to help steer thedirection for our clients. The ideal Social Analystloves numbers and uses them to tell stories and provide actionablerecommendations. Who Are You? A critical thinker,upbeat, and a self-starter. You’re someone who’s driven to look forbetter ways to do things and excited at the prospect of working in an industrythat is constantly evolving.
- Work closely with integrated teams to create measurement plans,goals and KPI’s, and deliver regular analysis on socialbrands across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and more to clients.
- Get your hands dirty pulling together data from social mediachannels and social listening tools, tying analysis and insights back tobusiness result.
- Connect and drive strategy of social data with other media analyticsdata such as paid, website, traditional PR, and CRM.
- Deep dive into social platform analytics tools, both native andthird-party, to understand how they work, and translate what their output meansfor business strategy.
- Act as a storyteller, translating complex analytical work intoeasy to understand analysis and recommendations for client and account teams.
- Partner with integrated teams to think outside the box on howsocial listening can help fuel business impact
- 3+ years of analytical role experience.
- Strong understanding ofstatistical methods and analysis such as probability distributions,regressions, correlation, causation, variance, etc.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Tableau, and other similar tools.
- Interest in cross-training in other types ofanalytics, specifically web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst).
- Familiarity with social monitoring tools including but not limitedto Crimson Hexagon, Radian 6, Spredfast, Percolate, and Sysomos.
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance, mathematics, and/or behavioraleconomics is a plus.
Back to top