Senior Vice President, Technology PR
Ogilvy is searching for a Senior Vice President to join the agency’s PR and Influence capability in San Francisco. We’re seeking a professional who thinks holistically about brands and doesn’t limit thinking to just one marketing discipline or another. We’re inviting a seasoned professional to join us in solving brand problems. You’ll get the opportunity to partner with amazing thinkers who come from a variety of communications specialties. You’ll be part of a team that comes up with creative and impactful solutions. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ businesses.
In this specific role, the SVP will be focused on growing our technology, B2B and innovation-focused capability. Joining our West coast leadership team, the SVP will work with clients ranging from startups seeking counsel on how to build brand awareness, to established organizations seeking refreshed relevance in our tech/innovation dominated world. In short, we seek an insightful strategist and client counselor who values creativity as well as effectiveness. We seek a collaborative leader who thrives on building superior teams. We seek a communications pro who will thrive in a fast-paced, integrated communications agency that believes in making brands matter by leveraging the best of what integrated communications teams can offer. We desire an experienced communicator who is nimble and as such can easily pivot from leading client planning sessions to leading winning new business pursuits.
A Senior Vice President significantly contributes to the firm’s overall performance and revenues, identifies and develops new business opportunities and serves as a valued leader and resource for clients and client account teams. For this role we seek a minimum 12 year’s experience. Agency and technology PR experience is required.
- Counsel. Serve as the primary strategist for your clients. Drive all aspects of client service including strategy, program development and execution for several pieces of technology business.
- Team Building. Construct teams that meet client needs across disciplines and geographies.
- Business Development. Enthusiastically drive new business opportunities
- Management. Manage teams effectively and coach staff in career development.
- Marketing. Participate in awareness building and thought leadership for the agency.
- Leadership. Be a leader in driving a positive work culture and serve as a positive role model and mentor for others in the firm.
- Financial. Ensure client budgets are well managed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of 12+ years of public relations experience, agency experience required
- Previous experience leading and managing a team of public relations, social media or integrated communications professionals
- Experience working with brands in the B2C and B2B technology sectors.
- Curiosity, a lifelong learner
- Experience forming strong client relationships
- Experience collaborating with distributed teams spanning multiple marketing communications disciplines
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top