Senior (titled) Art Director
- Washington, DC
Ogilvy is looking for an ambitious Senior (titled) Art Director to help us continue to push the work of a small office in a big network under a new CCO. You’ll be anchored by some stable government clients ripe for a new level of creativity and challenged by a steady stream of newly won non-government clients dying for great work. Our work spans from conceptual thinking to brand/visual identity to social content to paid assets (OOH, display, SEM, etc.) to video production.
The DC office has had a lot of success in doing government work for social good and now has a new CCO charged with bringing in new private-sector clients who are ready to do make great work. The pace is rigorous with a lot of project work while also a lot of volume as it is an integrated environment. You’ll be working in a creative team full of nice, talented people who are excited to work with you and set you up for success under a new CCO who’s poised to deliver on great expectations.
- Bring fresh thinking, elevated creativity and great ideas to every assignment.
- Develop powerful visuals and have the flexibility to work on any number of other assignments from 360 integrated brand platforms to video, social, experiential, print, tech, and more.
- Collaborate within creative team with writers and other art directors and designers on projects.
- Partner with account managers, strategists and government clients to produce campaigns from conception to completion.
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be open to feedback and adapting to direction, while confidently outlining the rationale and choices that back your work.
- Participate in client meetings, creative brainstorms, new business, and agency development.
- Take ownership for design/art direction, digital/social content, pitch documents and a range of integrated campaign support materials.
- Help drive overall creative direction on key clients.
- Adhering to multiple brand tones, often in the same day, to ensure consistency. Receive feedback gracefully and incorporating changes from multiple people simultaneously. Join, contribute to, and summarize creative brainstorms in a way that packages and sells an idea to internal and external audiences.
- Mentor and support Jr. Art Directors and designers, as needed.
- 4-6 years of advertising/marketing or ad agency experience working as an art director or Senior Art Director.
- Experience working on Government accounts, a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite—in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign – as well as a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Ability to familiarize yourself quickly with client's brand voice.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and work in a fast-paced, project-based environment.
- Strong attention to detail. Self-starter. A positive attitude and a collaborative personality.
- Experience supervising junior art directors and designers is a plus.
Ogilvy welcomes diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities and all else, and we strive to create an equitable and inclusive environment for all.
Back to top